The movie "Supernova"--Lance Henriksen

Rate this topic

seesthru

I was watching a disaster movie called "Supernova"  The sound was a bit low, so I wasn't paying attention, but then I saw a figure on the screen, whose back was to the camera.  I immediately knew that was Lance Henriksen.    I watched the movie again!    I think it was from the early or mid 2000's.

He's in a new movie has just been released called, "West of Hell" that he plays the devil in.  Doesn't look a bit good to me.  Besides, I'm not into devil, etc. kind of movies that glorify evil, and could care less who is in it.  Pretty burned out on disaster movies too, and all the CGI nowadays is also getting old.  There are times it's needed for a better effect, but not through most of the movie.  Pretty pathetic to me because they charge more to see a movie, pay actors more money than ever before, and then most of it is produced on a computer.

Lots of junk out there in movie-land, and often I too don't finish a movie because of a scene.  For example.  In Lean on Pete I was getting into the character and his horse named Pete, but when they showed the horse running onto the highway and getting hit I stopped it.  They could have made the screeching sound and a thump without us having to see a CGI of it.  Bummed me out.  Same with another where the horse got its foot caught in a wire fence and cut it severely.  They could have just turned the camera away, have us hear a gunshot, and know the horse was dead.  No, they had to use CGI to show the death.  I love westerns, but they are getting out of hand just like all the hero movies.  Another movie they killed a rabbit and we had to watch them clean it.  Some people love that kind of stuff.  Yuck.

Edited by Earthnut

20 hours ago, seesthru said:

Not my thing either, showing graphic violence/death.

And the sad, pathetic part is it's getting worse, not better.  Look at all the new and recently new TV shows, nothing but fighting and killing.  I was at my son's house and the movie The Book of Eli was playing.  I always thought it was a good movie, but this time I noticed all the fighting and killing more, and didn't watch it till the end.  It was one of those days where they had other people there, and this time it was their friends, a completely dysfunctional family, that were driving me bonkers.  So glad to get home, and I hate that because I was at my kids and grand kids house, and should have enjoyed being there.  Arg.  :wild:

I liked the book of Eli.  No, not the violence, but  the surprise ending!  

Movies have always been violent.  Think of the westerns, and the gangster movies from the old days, the action movies , etc... I go for the more cerebral movies.  Even if ther eis violence that is integral to the movie, if it makes me THINK,  I like it.