Millennials - the ideal term for Millennium fans?

Rate this topic

• Elders (Admins)

I think the term 'Millennials' is the ideal name for referring to fans of Millennium. Who's with me? It's either that or Millennium-philes. Now that's just awful. How about Generation MM? I just think Millennials is awesome. Labels are for gifts, not people.

• Like 1

Sorry, I disagree.  My problem is because of the Millennial generation, who are called "Millennials."  I personally believe "The Millennium Group" is still the best, after all, "This Is Who We Are."  And I can only assume t-shirts are already available somewhere, but I couldn't find them in a quick search, so maybe no one has done it yet.  I did find a site "The Real Millennium Group" selling products of various designs, t-shirts, mugs, pillows, etc.  We could have shirts made with an Ouroboros, and underneath have the forum URL.  Pricing is very affordable, and sure a lot of the difference would depend on the quality of the shirt.  I personally am already designated a "Baby Boomer," but would wear a Millennium Group t-shirt proudly.  We certainly have the members with artistic ability to create a simple design.  Ouroborus with "The Millennium Group" in the middle and the web address below, or both sites (main & forums).  The shirt would look nice to me with, "This Is Who We Are" above the  :ouroborous:.  Simple, but to the point.

In October 2004, researchers Neil Howe and William Strauss called Millennials "the next great generation," which is funny. They define the group as "as those born in 1982 and approximately the 20 years thereafter." In 2012, they affixed the end point as 2004.

And with no designation after 2004.

Per The Atlantic regarding Millennials ~

Your official demarcation of generational boundaries

We identified six different generations, and labeled their eras.

Greatest Generation. These are the people that fought and died in World War II for our freedom, which we appreciate. But it's a little over-the-top as far as names go, isn't it? Tom Brokaw made the name up and of course everyone loved it. What, you're going to argue with your grandfather that he isn't in the greatest generation? The generation ended when the war ended.

Baby Boomers. This is the agreed-upon generation that falls within DiPrete's punctuated timeframe. It began when the Greatest Generation got home and started having sex with everyone; it ended when having sex with everyone was made easier with The Pill.

Generation X. George Masnick, of the Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies puts this generation in the timeframe of 1965 to 1984, in part because it's a neat 20-year period. He also calls it the "baby bust," mocking "[p]undits on Madison Avenue and in the media" that call it Generation X. Ha ha, tough luck.

Generation Y. Masnick addresses this group, too, putting it "anywhere from the mid-1970s when the oldest were born to the mid-2000s when the youngest were." But mostly Generation Y is a made-up generation when it became obvious that young kids didn't really fit with the cool Generation X aesthetic but not enough of them had been born to make a new generation designation. NOTE: Generation Y is a fake, made-up thing. Do not worry about it.

Millennials. In October 2004, researchers Neil Howe and William Strauss called Millennials "the next great generation," which is funny. They define the group as "as those born in 1982 and approximately the 20 years thereafter." In 2012, they affixed the end point as 2004.

TBD. But that means that kids born in the last 10 years lack a designation. They are not Millennials. Earlier this month, Pew Research asked people what the group should be called and offered some terrible ideas. In other words, this is the new Generation Y. We'll figure out what they're called in the future.

There's a chart on the site, but it wouldn't post since it's a png, so I saved it and changed it to JPEG in Paint.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/03/here-is-when-each-generation-begins-and-ends-according-to-facts/359589/

1633899536_GenerationByBirthYear-jpeg.thumb.jpg.86f474cee9b3603e549eb1b635a5714e.jpg

• Like 1

Earthnut, i understand your point and thats what I was thinking because people have a bad opinion of Millennials , and it is a little disappointing that people are angry with the generation! I'd also like to see the website you were speaking of that had all the Merchandise! And I like your idea about the shirts! You should definitely see what we can do to make it happen!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, B1SH0P-BL4CK said:

Earthnut, i understand your point and thats what I was thinking because people have a bad opinion of Millennials , and it is a little disappointing that people are angry with the generation! I'd also like to see the website you were speaking of that had all the Merchandise! And I like your idea about the shirts! You should definitely see what we can do to make it happen!

BB, people have a bad opinion because most of the time Millennials seem stupid and uneducated.  They aren't taught cursive, phonics or regular math, they don't know how to count change back, and rarely get their noses out of their electronic devices, for without them they seem helpless.  So glad my kids are Generation X, and I am very proud of them.  Also glad Generation Y is fake.  It made no sense.

There wasn't one particular site, I just Googled "custom t-shirts" and it brought up a bunch with very affordable prices.  As I said, to me it depends on the quality of the t-shirt, and I for one don't want to buy one that shrinks too much after the first wash and I can no longer wear it.  I'd rather spend a little more for the quality, and of course pick a place with a 4-5 star rating.

8 hours ago, seesthru said:

Millenniumistics

It's a good idea seesthru, but my tongue got tied the first time I tried to say it... :signlol:

Appreciate your comments.  Keep them coming.

• Like 3

• Elders (Admins)
On 8/16/2018 at 6:29 PM, B1SH0P-BL4CK said:

Earthnut, i understand your point and thats what I was thinking because people have a bad opinion of Millennials , and it is a little disappointing that people are angry with the generation!

You know, I actually didn't know that, what a shame. Seems very unfair to me, tarring a whole generation the same, that way. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of creating our own image, and why I personally prefer having the Ouroboros and TIWWA on it.

On 8/22/2018 at 5:12 PM, The Old Man said:

I don't think TIWWA would be the potential issue, the problem is the artwork, it has to be original, which is why Barry put so much time and effort into them.

One of my favourites was the Halloween egg splatter on Frank's window. Of course the other concern is that Disney owning the rights to Millennium is a whole new board game. 

The Ouroboros is an ancient symbol that originated in ancient Egypt, and to me there's no way Disney could stop us from using it.  Too many people have used it in art and even jewelry.  Here's my search link ~

https://www.google.com/search?q=Ouroboros&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwirorWQl4bdAhVSXKwKHSrFAdsQ_AUICigB&biw=1159&bih=891

"This Is Who We Are," and "The Time Is Now" possibly could be copyrighted, but I doubt it, anymore then "The Truth Is Out There" is.  I've heard them all used in other TV shows, just wish I could remember which ones.  It could also say "Owls and Roosters."  They're animals and not copyrighted.  BTFB uses "Frank Black" and Disney could go after them, but doubt if they will.

Besides, we will be making and wearing them for personal use, not opening up an online store and selling them.  It would be a group thing, where you could purchase one only if you were a group member.

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)
15 hours ago, Earthnut said:

The Ouroboros is an ancient symbol that originated in ancient Egypt, and to me there's no way Disney could stop us from using it.  Too many people have used it in art and even jewelry.  

Hi,

This is getting way off topic, I should probably split this into a dedicated topic but yes, agreed, a snake eating its own tail is an ancient symbol. However, whilst not intending to sound preachy or an authority on the subject, it's the design that's Intellectual Property (IP). There are 100's if not 1000's of ouroborus designs, but they are all likely somebody's IP design, no matter who created them or whether they've given the rights away for free, sold them or reserved them. In this case, the Millennium Group's version of the ouro is a design someone, probably Ramsey McDaniel/Storm Media since it features in her title sequence, created for Fox's production, they own it. Now apparently Disney does. 

You can usually get permission to use someone else’s intellectual property (IP) by buying the rights from them or getting their permission to use it. Not suggesting anyone do that.

Using someone’s trade mark, patent, copyright or design without their permission is known as ‘IP infringement’ and could lead to a fine, prison or both.

Some good info and definition here.

I did a couple of quick searches and the phrases themselves aren't listed as registered trademarks.

16 hours ago, Earthnut said:

Besides, we will be making and wearing them for personal use, not opening up an online store and selling them.  It would be a group thing, where you could purchase one only if you were a group member.

Probably jumping the gun here a little bit! :smile:

• Like 1

Yeah, we're a tab off track, that that's okay, it happens all the time.

Don't mean to jump the gun, just sharing a thought.  And I do understand copyright, and it is definitely something we need to find out, and maybe all we need to do is create our own Ouroboros, different then the snake eating its tail.  I thought about it consisting of the character's names from the show, with TIWWA between the head and the tail, connecting them.  Or, "The Time Is Now" coming from the snake's mouth and no longer eating its tail.  Or the names could be forum member's user names (Old Man (aka GPS) Earthnut, Walkabout, etc.), linked with ... or a ~.  Or our own individual user/personal name in the middle of the design.

Graham, have you contacted Barry yet?

Hey, what about the image for our TV?  All we would need to do is remove the TV.  Here are the 2 images that I saved.  My favorite is the 2nd one, it's less busy.

tiwwatvsphere2, MLM Logo Choice.jpg

tiwwatvsphere1, MLM Logo.jpg

Edited by Earthnut