Sign in to follow this  
Earthnut

The Man in the High Castle (2015 - )

The Man in the High Castle (2015 - ) has become one of my favorite shows.  I am so hooked.  The storyline is about what it would be like if the Allied Powers had lost WWII, and Japan and Germany ruled the United States, which includes a neutral zone and its capitol.  There is a resistance fighting against both powers to win the United States back.   I recommend starting this series if at all possible.  It's fantastic.

Image result for man in the high castle poster

Per Wiki ~

An American dystopian alternate history television series, produced by Amazon Studios, Scott Free Productions, Headline Pictures, Electric Shepherd Productions, and Big Light Productions.[1]The series is based on the 1962 novel of the same name by Philip K. Dick.[2] In the series' alternate version of 1962, the Axis powers have won World War II and divided the United States into the Greater Nazi Reich, comprising more than half of eastern part of the continent, and the Japanese Pacific States to the west. These territories are separated by a neutral zone that encompasses the Rocky Mountains. The series follows characters whose destinies intertwine after they come into contact with a series of propaganda films that show a very different history from their own.

Premiering in January 2015, the pilot was Amazon's "most-watched since the original series development program began".

Created by

Frank Spotnitz

Production
Executive producer(s)
Starring
Opening theme

"Edelweiss", performed by Jeanette Olsson

Composer(s)

Historical characters[edit]

IMDb puts this show in the categories of Drama, Sci Fi, and Thriller.

Season 3 will be released on October 5, 2018, and has been renewed for a 4th season.  Yes, it's that good.  I am halfway through watching season 2 again to refresh my memory.

Flag of the Greater Nazi Reich in America     220px-The_Man_in_the_High_Castle_%28Ridley_Scott%27s_series%29.svg.png

Flag of the Japanese Pacific States     220px-JPS_flag.svg.png

Image result for american mold builders association

Image result for man in the high castle

My favorite character is Obergruppenführer John Smith, the senior officer in the SS, played by Rufus Sewell.  He's mysterious, and I am excited to learn more about him in this new season.  I'm betting, and hoping of course, when the series ends, he will end up being a hero.  He already is to the Germans.

• Rufus Sewell as John Smith, an SS Obergruppenführer who is investigating the Resistance in New York. He is a natural-born American who had served in the US Army Signal Corps. He lives a comfortable suburban life with a wife and three children. It is implied that he embraced Nazism because he grew up in poverty as a result of the Great Depression.

Image result for man in the high castle john smithMV5BOWEyM2I3YjYtZjBlYS00YjZlLThmOGUtZTU0NTgxZjc3MGIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

After season 1 aired someone posted ~

Obergruppenführer John Smith for President.

Per IMDb, an original movie released in 1994.  Even though I have not read the book, I have seen the movie.  It was good for it's day.

Fatherland Poster

Rutger Hauer, Miranda Richardson, Peter Vaughan

In April 1964, more than 20 years after the Nazis won World War II, an SS officer named Xavier March uncovers a plot to eliminate the attendees of the Wannsee Conference so that Germany can establish better relations with the US.

One review said,

It is rarely possible to watch the movie of a book that you have read before, and be impressed by the movie. Fatherland is not an exception. Of course changes have to be made to any story to adapt it to the film-medium, but in Fatherland, as in so many other cases, incomprehensible and unnecessary changes are made to the entire plot, changing the whole feel of the story, turning an intelligent and though-provoking book into an over-simplified, mindless action-movie. And of course they had to change the ending, we must have happy endings, mustn't we?

I saw an episode or two of this show...  then It disappeared.  I thought I was watching it on netflix.  Is it on network tv?  I've seen a few episodes, but  that was  in 2015.

13 hours ago, seesthru said:

I saw an episode or two of this show...  then It disappeared.  I thought I was watching it on netflix.  Is it on network tv?  I've seen a few episodes, but  that was  in 2015.

It's an Amazon production.  I have to wait till the following day after it airs to watch it because I don't have Amazon.  Then there's Netflix and Hulu that I also don't have.  I already pay more than enough just for cable channels.

:wow:  All the episodes are scheduled to air on the same day, 10/5/18.  They've already aired in some places, available today, and I am getting ready to watch them.   :Yes:

OH MY, OH MY, OH MY.....Watched all 10 episodes in the past few days, and it will be torture waiting for season 4 in 2019.  This show is sooooooooooooooooo good.  :clapping:    :swingin:    :maintain-upbeatness:

Will explain in a PM.

Six was excellent if you get to see it. Currently watching Bosch which is a great serial killer/cop drama after finishing the awesome Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, but I have this on my to watch list! Season 2 is now available on Amazon Prime. It's a fascinating concept.

How can so much pleasure come from one tiny, USB-sized stick?! 

1 hour ago, The Old Man said:

Six was excellent if you get to see it. Currently watching Bosch which is a great serial killer/cop drama after finishing the awesome Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, but I have this on my to watch list! Season 2 is now available on Amazon Prime. It's a fascinating concept.

How can so much pleasure come from one tiny, USB-sized stick?! 

Haven't seen Six or Bosh and will check them out.  Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan was very good, I recommend it.

Trust me, you won't be sorry with The Man.......  The concept is definitely fascinating, and to me very possible.  The story is well written and acted, plus every episode keeps you at the edge of your seat not knowing what's going to happen next.  It really has become one of my favorite shows along with The Handmaid's Tale.  The Last Ship is another, but its in the final season now.  I love Ancient Aliens and wish they would air S2 of Taboo, with Tom Hardy.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.