Lamentation & Exorcist 3

Rate this topic

The other day i was at Best Buy and saw Exorcist 3 for sale @ $5. I had to get it. I think this is an underrated movie. Not as scary as the first but more intelligent. I find it odd there is a scene just like in Lamentation. George C. Scotts wife gets a phone call that there is a nurse coming to their house but its not George calling, next scene George is calling his house but cant get through because of the line being busy. Once again Legion being very busy. I wonder if Chris Carter watched this movie

Guest Seraphim

If I remember correctly, the second film was made largely to give Linda Blair closure since her experience making the first film messed her up.

• Elders (Admins)

Excorcist III: Legion was very scary, one scene in particular. Blatty refused to acknowlege parts 2 and 4 and so 3 is the official sequel. I have had bad reports about part 4. Also I was reading an article about Part 4 which went along the lines of the original director was offended that after production Warner wanted more blood and guts so they brought in the Director of Die Hard to add the gore with an increased budget of I think 15m. The director refused to work with him and demanded his name be removed from the credits. So Warner responded by getting McTeirney (spelling) to make a whole new movie from scratch on a bigger budget that the first film. This is the version that is on release in the Cinemas. However when it comes out on DVD, BOTH versions will be released. Or so the site claimed. I'll see if I can find it. I bet Voidprime might know more as he's well up on the movie scene.

So Warner responded by getting McTeirney (spelling) to make a whole new movie from scratch on a bigger budget that the first film.

The new director is Renny Harlin, who directed Die Hard 2. Otherwise that's pretty much how it went.