By The Numbers: 10

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Guest MrCox

Maybe this is the toughest "by the numbers" poll so far, the first time I really wanted to split my vote in threes as I love all three episodes equally. But as one has to make a choice I vote for "Borrowed Time".

Apart from "Through A Glass, Darkly" season 3 was really terrible until up to this point. "Borrowed Time" has everything I love about this show: The cinematic quality, a touching and frighting story involving something unnatural which can't be described with words somehow, a fantastic soundtrack, and last but not least fantastic acting. And it includes a mystery which can be discussed on hours without end.

There's nothing wrong with "The Wild And The Innocent" at all as I love it as much as "Borowed Time". The story of Maddie is very touching and thrilling and although Frank ad Peter played a minor part in the story the episode worked extremely well. It's one of the best episodes in season 1.

"Midnight Of The Century", well you may guess it, is also great. But in comparison with those other two fantastic episodes it has no choice. It's a very meditative and charming story and delivers a lot of background for Frank. In fact, this is the only Maher/Reindl episode I can really recommend, it's really fantastic as well.

This was a hard choice indeed.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Maybe this is the toughest "by the numbers" poll so far, the first time I really wanted to split my vote in threes as I love all three episodes equally. But as one has to make a choice I vote for "Borrowed Time".

Apart from "Through A Glass, Darkly" season 3 was really terrible until up to this point. "Borrowed Time" has everything I love about this show: The cinematic quality, a touching and frighting story involving something unnatural which can't be described with words somehow, a fantastic soundtrack, and last but not least fantastic acting. And it includes a mystery which can be discussed on hours without end.

There's nothing wrong with "The Wild And The Innocent" at all as I love it as much as "Borowed Time". The story of Maddie is very touching and thrilling and although Frank ad Peter played a minor part in the story the episode worked extremely well. It's one of the best episodes in season 1.

"Midnight Of The Century", well you may guess it, is also great. But in comparison with those other two fantastic episodes it has no choice. It's a very meditative and charming story and delivers a lot of background for Frank. In fact, this is the only Maher/Reindl episode I can really recommend, it's really fantastic as well.

This was a hard choice indeed.

Ditto again! Tough choice all right! :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest betweenthelines

I have a confession to make: I wasn't too impressed with 'Borrowed Time'. The story sounded great, but I felt kind of cheated after watching the episode. Needless to say, I voted for 'Midnight of the Century' (although I did enjoy 'The Wild and the Innocent' very much).

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I have a confession to make: I wasn't too impressed with 'Borrowed Time'. The story sounded great, but I felt kind of cheated after watching the episode. Needless to say, I voted for 'Midnight of the Century' (although I did enjoy 'The Wild and the Innocent' very much).

I voted for "Borrowed Time", but that was before getting S2 and S3 on DVD within the last year. I still regard Borrowed Time as one of the all time greats, but if I had to vote today, after watching S2 and S3 again, I think Midnight of the Century would proably nudge out Borrowed Time by a hair and Wild and Innocent would come in third. By the way, maybe it's none of my business, but I see a member named Perennial2 participated in this thread, and is listed as "banned". Have people actually had to be banned from this forum? It looks like he was a heavy contributer at one time.

I voted for "Borrowed Time", but that was before getting S2 and S3 on DVD within the last year. I still regard Borrowed Time as one of the all time greats, but if I had to vote today, after watching S2 and S3 again, I think Midnight of the Century would proably nudge out Borrowed Time by a hair and Wild and Innocent would come in third. By the way, maybe it's none of my business, but I see a member named Perennial2 participated in this thread, and is listed as "banned". Have people actually had to be banned from this forum? It looks like he was a heavy contributer at one time.
No argument here...MOTC by a wide margin...redemption, forgiveness, a glimpse into Frank's childhood, just all around wonderful...

in re: banned...its best if i defer to The Old Man on this, however, since i have been here (little over a year now) there has been at least one incident where a newbie (most likely just a punk kid) was posting very derogatory and inflammatory remarks regarding various issues....we are so lucky that the majority of people here are responsible and respectful...and we have Graham, Libby, and Ravenwolf to thank for keeping this site something that we enjoy coming back to time and time again..

4th Horseman...

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
No argument here...MOTC by a wide margin...redemption, forgiveness, a glimpse into Frank's childhood, just all around wonderful...

in re: banned...its best if i defer to The Old Man on this, however, since i have been here (little over a year now) there has been at least one incident where a newbie (most likely just a punk kid) was posting very derogatory and inflammatory remarks regarding various issues....we are so lucky that the majority of people here are responsible and respectful...and we have Graham, Libby, and Ravenwolf to thank for keeping this site something that we enjoy coming back to time and time again..

4th Horseman...

Yeah, I have taken note of that many times, and this is really the only board I have participated in where people have not gotten under my skin frequently with personal attacks, immature posts, and generally obnoxious behavior. I thought the relative obscurity of the site, compared to an AOL message board, for example, along with the mentality of those people who have interest in the show kept things under control, but I can see where you might eventually have to cut someone off to maintain the level of quality we have enjoyed here. I think it also probably helps that you have to register and can't just pop in here and go nuts with outrageous posts like the punks who cause trouble on AOL boards.... You mention that you have only been coming here a little over a year. For some reason I had you pegged as a long time veteran to the board. You have a lot more posts than me. You haven't been loading up on those "LOL" and "ROFL" posts have you? :nahah: LOL, just kidding, I know your posts are thoughtful and in depth. I have learned a great deal from them and from many others here.

Yeah, I have taken note of that many times, and this is really the only board I have participated in where people have not gotten under my skin frequently with personal attacks, immature posts, and generally obnoxious behavior. I thought the relative obscurity of the site, compared to an AOL message board, for example, along with the mentality of those people who have interest in the show kept things under control, but I can see where you might eventually have to cut someone off to maintain the level of quality we have enjoyed here. I think it also probably helps that you have to register and can't just pop in here and go nuts with outrageous posts like the punks who cause trouble on AOL boards.... You mention that you have only been coming here a little over a year. For some reason I had you pegged as a long time veteran to the board. You have a lot more posts than me. You haven't been loading up on those "LOL" and "ROFL" posts have you? :nahah: LOL, just kidding, I know your posts are thoughtful and in depth. I have learned a great deal from them and from many others here.
LOL...MIB...you really have me ROTFLAMO...no, of course i dont post those kinds of posts..i also enjoy your posts very much...

thanks for the compliment...

4th Horseman..