Alternative Season Three

Rate this topic

Guest 5-2-2-6-6-6
Cool!

Haha, I'm afraid I've come down with a bad cold, (muscle aches and the like) so it'll have to wait a bit! Being at the computer for too long is uncomfortable, and I'm going to go watch 'Sacrament'.

• 3 months later...
Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
Cool!

This is probably what I get for snooping about through these OLD posts, but I honestly do not see ANY link for this phantom 'Alternative Season Three'...

I know, ALL your newbies stick their green noses into all the corners and such like this don't they...?

And, I am NOT Candian, but I'm starting to feel like I should be...

Thanks!

(BTW, I need to check out how I can put a picture in here on these forumns to represent my poor self...)

Excellent site Your Emminance!!!

Hi,

No problem! There is a link at the top of this topic, in fact it appears at the top of every topic in this forum. I just tried it and the site is still there although there are only 4 episodes to read.

Regards,

Graham :ouro:

(Sorry, I know this is a 'double' post, my humble apologies, but I meant it to be a reply to THIS post)

This is probably what I get for snooping about through these OLD posts, but I honestly do not see ANY link for this phantom 'Alternative Season Three'...

I know, ALL your newbies stick their green noses into all the corners and such like this don't they...?

And, I am NOT Candian, but I'm starting to feel like I should be...

Thanks!

(BTW, I need to check out how I can put a picture in here on these forumns to represent my poor self...)

Excellent site Your Emminance!!!

• Elders (Admins)

Hi!

The link is a little difficult to spot, you are not the first!

Here it is:

https://www.geocities.com/redkettle1/

Watch out for the usual Yahoo advertising.

Its a good thing when someone posts in al old thread, it helps bring some gems to light for newer members so please don't apologise, its one of the reasons we don't close old topics! :oneeyedwinK

Regards,

Graham

Hi!

The link is a little difficult to spot, you are not the first!

Here it is:

https://www.geocities.com/redkettle1/

Watch out for the usual Yahoo advertising.

Its a good thing when someone posts in al old thread, it helps bring some gems to light for newer members so please don't apologise, its one of the reasons we don't close old topics! :oneeyedwinK

Regards,

Graham

Hey, that is most helpful, thanks! Talking about OLD POSTS, I just commented on one that a fellow left a year ago! I know, I know... it really appears like I NEED A LIFE!!! But, trust me, I've got one : )

• 3 months later...
Guest CJ450

I realy enjoyed reading the alternate season 3, it gave the 'Marburg Virus' the credibility it deserved after Morgan and Wong spent 2 episodes developing the story line - only to be brushed under the carpet in the actual season 3.

I would have prefered to see Frank in episode 4 - to see how he recovers and if he did 'trade' his gift for Catherines life, nice to see Peter Watts take more of a lead in re-organising the MM group.

• 7 months later...

QUestion:

IF one was to write say an episode for one of these virtual seasons, does it have to include that "director speak"? You know camera pans right, fade in, etc?

Interesting stories though!

Guest ZeusFaber

Depends what exactly you're writing and who for.

On Virtual Season 5, we have a very professional approach, which means writing properly formatted teleplays with all the correct language and terminology. You'll see that in all our episodes which are airing weekly.

As far as I know, VS4 had the same approach, but I think this "alternate Season 3" we have here was a bit different, less strict and more the work of one person than an organised group (correct me if I'm wrong on that point), plus it was never finished.

Of course, if you were just writing your own fanfiction on your lonesome, you could do whatever you like, be that script or standard prose or whatever -- who's to stop you, right? The term "Virtual Season" however refers to a much more group-based and professional approach, whereby you have to work with the producers and follow their lead.