By The Numbers: 12

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

My vote is for Luminary. This was one of my favorites, and I would rate it in the top 10 % overall, maybe the top 5 %. For some reason, other than the awesome acting and writing, this episode really stands out for me. Man, I can't wait to get seasons two and three on DVD. It wont be more than a few weeks now. My memory is a little fuzzy on Sound of Snow. I remember it was very good, as was "Lion Like...". but I don't think they compare with Luminary.

Guest Chascarrillo

There's something about Luminary that never quite gelled with me. The episode just sort of sticks out like a sore thumb from the rest of show; the style is jarring and the story is definitely out of sorts (although perhaps not in the context of season two). That said, I probably still like it.

The Sound of Snow, on the other hand, is one of the most affecting episodes of the entire series. The emotional impact is devastating, and while I was kinda pissed about the revisionism when it originally aired, my subsequent viewing a few months ago left me loving it. The only negative is that I thought the tape producer character was rather weak (whether poorly acted or scripted, I dunno), but that's a small blemish, and besides, she's not even the crux of this episode.

Loin's darn good, too, but I'd probably put both of the other two above it.

• 1 year later...
Guest MrCox

This one is another hard choice, but my favourite of those three is "The Sound Of Snow". This episode was the real solution to the cliffhanger of season 2 ... some months too late. But I think they managed to explain the plague very well and of course it was the last occasion a story was set in Seattle. The last time we get to see the yellow house, Giebelhouse and of course Catherine. A very emotional episode and certainly one of the best of season 3!

But "Luminary" is just as good. I love this philosophical / religious background to the story, the setting, the conflict(s) between Peter / the group and the Blacks, and of course Frank's development as a character. The idea to send him off completely on his own as test on behalf of the group was really great.

"Loin Like A Hunting Flame" is a mixed bag. On the one hand this was the first case involving Frank's "speciality", sexual crime; on the other hand the story never seemed to come to life. I don't know if it's the rather wooden acting or the result of the writing but it somehow doesn't work. The idea was great but it wasn't executed as well as it should have been. This was the first episode where Catherine was not involved at all. And the whole serial killer concept became a bit worn-out by that time, I guess.

Guest betweenthelines

I voted for 'The Sound of Snow'. It actually felt like a "Millennium" episode instead of the standardized cop show that the third season was turning into. I like all three episodes, really (although I'm not sure what the common theme these episodes have). I think 'Luminary' and 'The Sound of Snow' both deal with characters letting go and starting new lives, but I don't remember anything like that in 'Loin Like a Hunting Flame'.

Guest ___ L@the_of_Heaven___
I voted for 'The Sound of Snow'. It actually felt like a "Millennium" episode instead of the standardized cop show that the third season was turning into. I like all three episodes, really (although I'm not sure what the common theme these episodes have). I think 'Luminary' and 'The Sound of Snow' both deal with characters letting go and starting new lives, but I don't remember anything like that in 'Loin Like a Hunting Flame'.

I kinda liked 'The Sound of Snow'; I'm surprised that we didn't see more complaints about how this shoulda been an X-Files episode, etc., etc. Like I mentioned earlier tonight (GEEZ, MUCH earlier... I bloody started catching up on these 'new' posts about 3 friggin' hours ago... DAMN, that is the absolute LAST time I wait this long to check the board!!! :yes: ) I am a REAL sucker for the Mind Control stuff...