Life of a Comet

Rate this topic

Merowig

Hello,

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/12/04/comet-46-p-wirtanen-zoom-across-night-sky-next-week/2205179002/ - this years "Star of Bethlehem"

led me back to Episode "the Beginning and the End"  and its intro https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/downloads/audio/life-of-a-comet-the-beginning-and-the-end - the Life of a Comet

The intro has two art pieces - one is the Nativity - the second one was easy identifiable for me as the Bayeux Tapestry https://www.precinemahistory.net/bayeux.htm

Can anyone identify though the Nativity scene painting?

E5978ACB-75FA-44B1-A304-1A20CEC9B989.jpe

Moreover has anyone an idea where I can find background music of "the Life of a Comet" intro? 

Some interpretation/ coincidence  from my side on the Intro - it starts with "In Number, there is one for every life which ever was..." 

Numbers 24:17 reads:  "I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth."

Thank you

Merowig

Edited by Merowig
  • Like 2

I read in a post here at one time that some of the artwork used in MLM episodes were created by the art department just for the show, and probably why it/they cannot be found posted anywhere else.

Mark Hayden, who posted the video 8 years ago, has retired from the forums, but does stop by sometimes.  You could leave a message for him, but I have no clue when he will be back.  Libby is also retired, but she too stops by to say hi.

And of course the main person is our leader, our MLM King, The Old Man (Graham).  You can always send him a PM, he's here most every day.  I'm betting there isn't anything he doesn't know about the show.

As far as the background music, It's probably Mark Snow, and a track that's not on a CD yet, since there is no credit mentioned for that segment.  A track by the Talking Heads was used in the episode, and listed in the credits, but it's not by them or it would be on their list.   When it comes to Mark Snow music, the person to chat with is Alex (SadEyes), our resident expert, who has a weekly track post in "Snow Files of the Week."  If Alex or Graham don't know, nobody knows.  Here's the link to the last page of that forum ~

https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/tiwwa/topic/25780-snow-files-of-the-week/?page=57&tab=comments#comment-122285

Sorry I can't help anymore then this, but it is a start.

Glad you found out the information on the artwork.  I just didn't have the time to do any extensive searching.

I would contact SadEyes (Alex) direct about the music or post in his weekly forum, "Snow Files of the Week.".  Not sure if he would see your question here.

• Elders (Moderators)

Don't worry, I got the notification that I was mentioned here. 😄

The piece of of music is definately a track from Mark Snow's score for that episode. You can not only hear his trademark samples, that he also used in The X-Files, but the last third of the track "Headlights" from the first volume of MillenniuM music features some of the music that can be heard under Frank's narration. But the track itself from "Life of a comet" sadly hasn't been released on the two CD sets. The sets are also on Spotify, you can listen to the track "Headlights". A part of "Life of a comet" can be heard at around 02:00 minutes. Of course it is not exactly the same, but that's all there is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Elders (Admins)
On 12/7/2018 at 11:53 PM, Earthnut said:

Mark Hayden, who posted the video 8 years ago

Hi Earthnut, thanks for the suggestions. I just wondering which video that was?

On 12/7/2018 at 11:53 PM, Earthnut said:

Libby is also retired, but she too stops by to say hi.

Just to clarify, Libby hasn't retired! She is still co-admin but taking (a well-earned) break. 

On 12/8/2018 at 4:08 PM, Merowig said:

Hi Merowig, thanks for the feedback and suggestions. I was always intrigued by that S2 opening! The episode guide profile page does check for articles and reviews, we wrote it that way in case any news ones get added, and the articles themselves link back to the episode profile. I'll definitely look at adding some extra links to those relevant downloads to make them quicker and easier to find and for other episodes too, good call!

@Viivi wrote that great article, we are very fortunate to have her as our resident art expert and @SadEyes as our Mark Snow and soundtracks expert; a formidable team if ever there was one! But don't tell them, they'll want a pay rise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • HaHa! 1

Thanks Graham for the update.  I knew Libby took a break, just wasn't sure how long.  Hope and pray all is well with her.

Yes, the episode opening has always been intriguing, and so glad we are discussing it.

Mark Hayden posted the "Life of a Comet" video on Vimeo, along with a bunch of others related to MLM and Frank.

https://vimeo.com/14998314

The best and most precious people ever are members of this forum.  Since I became a member, I was welcomed with open arms, and it has always been my, "Home Away From Home" since.  When Mark Hayden was moderator here, he designated Walkabout and I, "Sis Angels" during the holidays one year.  Since then, and to this day, we call each other "Sis."

Love and huggers to all.  :23:   :hug:

• Like 2