The Old Man

The Crossing

I recently got into a great new series on Amazon Prime Video called The Crossing, starring the rather awesome Steve Zahn who I loved in Treme. 

The Crossing had all the things I like in my TeeVee, damp green and mossy Vancouver forests, small town law enforcement and diners, and a touch of The 4400 mixed with the feel of Falling Skies plus a hint of the The X-Files.

Then I found out despite good reviews, it got the axe after just one season. What the hell?

Anyway, here's a trailer to see if this is your cup of Earl Grey... 

Looks very good. Now if there was some way I could get Amazon without paying.

• Confused 1

Thanks Graham.  Looks very good, and betting it got axed because of the popular TV show "Manifest," a show I just never could get into.  Instead of it being in water, it's about a plane and its passengers that are missing for 5 years.  To me, after watching the trailer, this one looks better.   Good news, it could get un-axed, and maybe picked up by another network.  There's just way too many networks out there and expensive to subscribe to them all.  That's why people torrent.  Very few let you watch the episodes online.

Wow.  The Crossing is like the returned, and the 4400 ... They axed it?

4400 reboot?  I'd watch it!  

I wonder if maybe Netflix or someone can pick up The Crossing?

I think The Crossing is gone for good unless they decide to revive it for Hulu since Disney owns the show, but they (ABC) cancelled it back in May and usually streaming services don't revive cancelled shows and focus on new content