IN AN ALTERNATE REALITY...

Rate this topic

I am still saddened by the lack of MM comics out there, so continuing to draw Lance whenever I can inbetween other work for a fan piece. Here is a mock up of a painting I did based on a recent Lance TV appearance, with the trade dress from the IDW comics a few years ago, but with a little TIWWA tweak.

300 lance painting1.jpg

COVER TEST copy.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, so I was thinking, for the MM fan comic stuff I'm working on in the background, about adding in places and people from the forum as a thank you for peoples ongoing support to TIWWA and the fandom. I have a list of main characters, and plenty of opportunity for other supporting cast members. If anyone wants to nominate their hometown as a potential setting for an episode (though traditionally of course every episode should look like Vancouver!), or would like to have their likeness included, please let us know.

Also I want to include quotations from 21st century sources at the beginning of each episode, whether from speeches, poetry etc, so anything you've come across you think might be millenniumistic please include. The themes include mortality, loss of self, and new beginnings.

Edited by ENGINECOMICS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey Raz,

Putting my mug on a comic is out, especially with the elephant ears and trunk, and Oklahoma is out for a place, even though we do have some beautiful areas.  I can however, contribute to the quotes, as I am a quote pack rat.  Do you want them posted here or in a PM?  Or, I can send them in an email for you to scroll through.  Oh how I love quotes.

Going to put some of them here that were the first quotes that came to mind, just to wet everyone's whistles.

We live in a world where too many people won't go far enough... won't do what they know is right... what they believe. I don't know how or why it got this way but the world has become so complicated, to involve yourself in someone else's problems is to invite them needlessly on yourself.  (Frank Black ~ Millennium)

In mans unending pursuit of salvation, the distractions of his science, or his religion, may be the very thing keeping him from his creator.  (The Outer Limits)

Mankind will forever be doomed if it continues to ask for the truth, and then refuse to listen. (The Outer Limits)

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.  (Rose Kennedy)

"To allow oneself to be carried away by a multitude of conflicting concerns, to surrender to too many demands, to commit oneself to too many projects, to want to help everyone in everything, is to succumb to the violence of our times." (Thomas Merton)

Did you really think you could call up the Devil and ask him to behave? Even the devil can quote scripture to meet his needs.

(X-Files - Fox Mulder)

It isn't our choices that define who we are, it's our commitment to them.  (Revenge TV Series)

Wild animals never kill for sport. Man is the only one to whom the torture and death of his fellow creatures is amusing in itself." 

(James Anthony Froud - Criminal Minds)

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)
8 hours ago, ENGINECOMICS said:

Hi all, so I was thinking, for the MM fan comic stuff I'm working on in the background, about adding in places and people from the forum as a thank you for peoples ongoing support to TIWWA and the fandom. I have a list of main characters, and plenty of opportunity for other supporting cast members. If anyone wants to nominate their hometown as a potential setting for an episode (though traditionally of course every episode should look like Vancouver!), or would like to have their likeness included, please let us know.

Also I want to include quotations from 21st century sources at the beginning of each episode, whether from speeches, poetry etc, so anything you've come across you think might be millenniumistic please include. The themes include mortality, loss of self, and new beginnings.

Wow, that's incredible Barry! That's an awesome opportunity for TIWWA Members!

BTW, I've haven't forgotten about the other thing, definitely happening!

• Like 1