Game of Thrones Season 8 (2019-Final)

Earthnut

Definitely some weirdness going on.  I thought the red headed guy who was crazy for the  woman in armor had been killed of, so it was a god surprise to see him.   I'm not a fan of the changes in  dragon lady .  She was a uniting force, now she's kinda cranky.   Good to see my faves,  Arya, Tyrion and  Samwell.

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GoT has been weird since day one, and has progressively gotten weirder throughout the years.  I pretty much expect anything to happen to anyone.

The "Mother of Dragons" cares only about sitting on the iron throne, and believes she's the rightful heir.  And yes, she was/is a force, but now that she hears that Jon is Aegon Targaryen, son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark, he is the rightful heir.  That now makes him her adversary.  A war with the dead would make me cranky too...LOL.  Maybe Jon will keep his true identity a secret and let her sit on the thrown.  After all, they are in love.  Then again, he is her nephew.

Some day I am going to watch GoT from the beginning, but I want to wait awhile until after I forget most of S8.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 weeks later...

Spoiler

At least Arya, Tyrion and Sam are still alive, as well as Brienne! Tonight was kind of boring, the predictable hookups, and  heartbreaks... I figured the wounded dragon for a goner.  And I knew that the young couple, one of them would die off.  Ole Dany has changed.  She used to be such a benevolent leader... now, seems as she's getting the family curse of madness! But you never know!  I  think everyone thinks that in the end, Jon Snow will be the ruler of the 7 kingdoms....  Seems it's heading that way.   Waiting to see if ther eis a big ole plot twist!

W. H. Auden

Now that Sansa has not kept the secret, the word is out about Jon.  Tyrion is the #1 star so he's not going anywhere.   Plus, he's the one who said that the person that doesn't want the throne would be the best person to sit on the throne.  And, after all that I have read, Jon may die, again, and someone else will sit on the throne.  Yes, it was a tad boring until near the end.  Daenerys has not only changed, but now she has to gain the throne more than  ever after all of her loss.  She will become a lot like Cersei now, and the throne will be more about revenge and self gratification, than the people.  She might be the one to do in Jon.  There is talk.  And there's talk about more dragons, that either Drogon is pregnant, or eggs could have been laid earlier in the show, or there's more eggs in the Shadowlands, or in the books it is suggested that there's eggs in Winterfell's crypts, and maybe in Lyanna's tomb.

I truly hope there's a happy ending, but my gut tells me there won't be, or we will be left hanging.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• 2 weeks later...

If they are going for a satisfying ending, then Dany won't  end up on the throne, since she committed the unpardonable offense of burning  up the townsfolk.

Vegas odds favor Bran Stark as the one ending up on the throne.  The plot twists favor jon Snow getting it after Dany is killed off for having burned  up the  townsfolk. Sansa could get it by default.  The bastard that was made a ruler of a castle  could get it .  Tyrion as the most improved character should get it, but he backed Dany, who went mad and burned up  too many people. I don't think Arya will get it,  but, she is  probably the smartest of them all. Brienne  would be a good choice,  but chances are she's probably too broken up, and I'd bet carrying Jaime Lannister's child.. I wonder if we find out Arya is preggers too?

If Dany gets it, then, it just ends up being another  tyrant on the throne, and what was the point of the 8 seasons?

I guess vegas picked Bran because he's the keeper of history..must be protected.   Anyway, I predict a stark gets the throne.  They've kept the kids alive  And they wrote in Jon as  heir...made Dany evil, and killed off major competition other than her.

I think  it will be utterly predictable and go to Jon.  But I wish Tyrion would get it. Or Arya. But Tyrion would be the most fair, least likely to  become a tyrant.

W. H. Auden

I agree, Dany lost all love and respect with following in her evil father's footsteps.  The thing is, is there a throne left for someone to sit on?  The building has collapsed and there may be no king or queen from now on.

Bran doesn't want it anymore than Arya does, and we know Jon doesn't, but, he could change his mind after seeing "his queen" do her evil thing by killing all the innocent towns people.  He may be the one to do her in as well.  I totally agree, Jon Snow or Tyrion both would be good kings.  There just isn't any others worth considering.  But again, will there even be a king or queen to rule the land?

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

This is an interesting slideshow ~

Mistakes You Totally Missed In “Game Of Thrones”

https://www.trend-chaser.com/entertainment/mistakes-you-totally-missed-in-game-of-thrones/?utm_source=ya&utm_campaign=375695846-9750490495-ya&utm_medium=NEWS_US-ya&utm_content=6aab05-34895422918-ya&utm_term=c-7_mxs.jpg-n-ya&chrome=1

Starts out with ~

Game of Thrones is one of the most expensive television series to ever be made. The final season alone had a budget of $15 million per episode. Yes, you read that right, per episode.

Imagine the good WE could do with the money from just ONE episode; housing and food for the homeless, medical aid, and the list goes on.

Edited by Earthnut

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines