I miss MIllennium

I miss the  show, everything it stood for.  I miss the innocence we still had then.  I miss the actors, the episodes, the  thrill of the opening music, the  sadness at having to wait a week for the next episode.  I love having the DVD's...  But I miss new episodes.

I hate the unresolved issues.  The unanswered questions, then  loose threads...

I hate waking up and realizing  the show ended  21 years ago, and the world is so much different now.  WE are 21 years older.  The world is  so much scarier.  

I miss the idea that a Frank Black was out there... the show made it believable.

• Like 2

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

8 hours ago, seesthru said:

WE are 21 years older.  The world is  so much scarier.  

I miss the idea that a Frank Black was out there... the show made it believable.

Unresolved issues and unanswered questions is why I am so thankful for this forum.  What's amazing to me is, after so many years, I still enjoy discussing it, and love my MLM family with all my heart.

Yes, the world is so much scarier, and for that reason, we have to hope and be in constant prayer that there really are Frank Blacks out there working to heal and make our world a better and safer for us and future generations.

The show was, and still is, very believable, to me mainly because it revealed each extreme side of the human spectrum, in all areas, spirit (who we serve), mind (our programming), soul (feelings and emotions), and the flesh (material world of desires and lust).

"The Time Is Near."  :ouroborous:

Edited by Earthnut
  • Like 2

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Maybe Disney (the owner of all 20th Century Fox movies and shows now) needs to license Millennium out so another company or studio can produce a new series

• Like 1

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

20 hours ago, voidprime said:

Maybe Disney (the owner of all 20th Century Fox movies and shows now) needs to license Millennium out so another company or studio can produce a new series

That would be great.  Hope they do.  Who would you like to see as the new lead role?

Besides Criminal Minds, Mindhunter (Netflix) is the closest and newest series airing right now.  Season 2 starts in August.  Based on Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

i always refer to millennium to this day .i think of emmas dad when i hear abut dementia and alzheimers,the show in general whenever a cult or doomsday scenario is mentioned,and school shooting or crime spree,anything that i can recall an episode about.and anytime i see garret dillahunt and james marsters .

• Like 2

14 hours ago, lucas barr said:

i always refer to millennium to this day .i think of emmas dad when i hear abut dementia and alzheimers,the show in general whenever a cult or doomsday scenario is mentioned,and school shooting or crime spree,anything that i can recall an episode about.and anytime i see garret dillahunt and james marsters .

Yes, I think of MLM all the time.  It seems like everything presented in the episodes are nowadays common in the news.

• Like 2

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I like to think of Millennium like a great album, a classic that is very much of its time but also forever relevant. Each generation that finds it will discover their own way of relating to it. We, on this forum and those on the other fan groups on social media, have all been affected by it. It changes the way we view the world, as great works should. And if the world does seem darker than it was back then, I think we can be assured there is, somewhere out there, a Frank Black, still trying to keep out the darkness from seeping into our own yellow house.

• Like 3

I like to think of Millennium like a great album, a classic that is very much of its time but also forever relevant. Each generation that finds it will discover their own way of relating to it. We, on this forum and those on the other fan groups on social media, have all been affected by it. It changes the way we view the world, as great works should. And if the world does seem darker than it was back then, I think we can be assured there is, somewhere out there, a Frank Black, still trying to keep out the darkness from seeping into our own yellow house.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 7:39 AM, ENGINECOMICS said:

So perfectly worded Baz.  So, I'm quoting you in bold.  :hug:

• Like 3

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)