Absentia - A must watch for Millennium fans.

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)

Absentia tells the story of FBI agent Emily Byrne who disappears without a trace while hunting one of Boston's most notorious serial killers, and she is declared dead in absentia. Six years later, she is found in a cabin in the woods, barely alive and with no memory of the years that she was missing.

So there is the premise, what happens next is excellent crime drama.

This series displayed regularly on my trusty Amazon Firestick video home page for some time and I can't believe I didn't discover it earlier. It has me hooked, I'm now mid-Season 2, and very pleased to learn that a third season just got commissioned. 

There have been many shows in the last 20 years that have focused on crime/law enforcement/profiling but hardly any could hold a candle close to Millennium. You could count them on maybe two severed thumbs. I think Absentia is probably the closest yet, really superb writing and acting, a brilliant cast, and more twists and turns than a coffin full of snakes.

Much like the recent series of True Detective, there is something I really love about the mix of eerie, misty woods, spooky trees, creepy serial killers and highly intelligent, experienced and capable law enforcement and criminal investigators that still have human flaws, just like the rest of us.

Can't wait to binge on another few episodes, later on.

One to look out for and free to watch with Amazon Prime which is excellent value for money.

• Like 1

Millennium - This Is Who We Are

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community staff and autohides content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

:wow:  What a terrifying ride that would be.  Look forward to watching the first episode.

Thanks Old Man for the heads up.  

• Like 2

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I have Amazon Prime temporarily, but unable to sit here at the computer for very long to watch episodes or a movie.  My Chromecast and VLC player don't always work together either.  Finally managed to put the episodes on a USB drive and my "smart" TV in the front room is the only machine that will play them.  The DVD players don't recognize the new coding.  So far I've watched the 1st 2 episodes, and yes, it is good, but thankfully so far, I don't see a lot of MLM in it.....yet.  After all, the female lead in it is an EBI agent, or I should say was.  Curiosity for the truth has me hooked.

Wow Dave in Southern California, no >...., Beer or Belch, I'm shocked.  :ohmy:

~       ~      ~

Came back to say that I finished season 1 last night.  Oh my.  Wonder how season 2 can be better.  Just doesn't seem possible.  Wow, it was so good, and NOT predictable like so many mysteries.

Edited by Earthnut
  • Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Glad you liked it guys! 

@Earthnut wow, you binged good! S2 is very good too. I know what you mean, I have the app on my iPad but couldn't watch anything on it. Treat yourself to a Firestick, they are easy to use and great value for money, especially on sale price. Just plug in to a HDMI port on your TV and stream. You can move it around the house between TV's, even use it in hotels etc. I sound like an advert for Amazon.

@beerbelch There is some great TV available on Amazon Video, I appreciate everyone has different circumstances responsibilities and priorities, but if you can get to buy Amazon Prime or receive it as a gift, it really is great value for money as you can access a lot of extra better video content for free under the Prime Video offering, not to mention the other stuff like music, books, magazines, free delivery etc on multiple devices. I saw they have all of the X-Files In HD on there now for example, imagine the cost of all those box sets, compared to the cost of Prime, it pays for itself for quickly.

• Like 1

Millennium - This Is Who We Are

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community staff and autohides content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

At one time I had the Chromecast working with the computer, but for some reason I'm not able to get the entire screen cast to it right now.  Obviously I am doing something wrong.  I can move it around too, but right now I want it in the same room with the P C.

I hear the Firestick works good, so I may very well get one.

Oh yes, I am definitely looking forward to season 2.  Binging makes it easier to keep track.  It's like having multiple movies.  

• Like 2

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

My Dad and his wife recorded the x files on VCR.  I always wonder if they got the  whole series.    They passed away, no telling what happened to those tapes.   Seeing the price of the boxed sets makes me wish I'd recorded teh series too, but I was a late comer to it.

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

@seesthru

There were 9 seasons to begin with, and then the new ones, 10 and 11, plus  2 movies, 1998 and 2008.

There are also sites that advertise a free download of the series, old and new, but not sure about the movies.  Check it out, you might be able to collect all of TV series.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines