Millennium - This Is Who We Are Welcome to Halloween Macabre!

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)

If you're looking for your next engrossing serial killer crime drama, I recently watched Der Pass, and I think you'll enjoy it as much as I did.

'When a gruesomely staged body is found propped up on a mountain pass in the Alps close to the German-Austria border, two detectives are sent to investigate.'

Bringing back memories of the gently falling, woodland snow from a certain episode of Millennium, stunningly beautiful alpine frozen lakes, combined with really excellent acting, a haunting Hans Zimmerman soundtrack, cosy log cabins, intelligent twists and turns and creepy masks and antlers than you can possibly feel comfortable with, Der Pass is for you.

30C3A9EA-4934-4D26-82CC-A6D3B97DA40D.jpeg

I really enjoyed The Tunnel (who could ever forget the opening scene?), which like Der Pass was inspired/based on the Scandinavian crime drama hit The Bridge, which I have yet to see, but this brings a whole new interpretation of the premise that stands proud on its own. Definitely one on the Old Man's list of crime drama recommendations.

Also be sure to look out for the deliciously dark noir Babylon Berlin and engrossing Occupied, a real eye opening Norwegian political thriller series that follows the story of Russia's invasion of Norway them in order to seize its oil resources after they suspend oil and gas production in the North Sea due to a drive for greener environmental policies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Boo, unable to find a trailer in English since I don't speak German, and there are no subtitles available to turn on.  Wish I did speak it.  This show sure does look good and creepy.  Here's the IMDb link for Der Pass ~

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6905756/

Here's the link for The Tunnel ~

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2711738/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

The English subtitles for season 1 of Der Pass are available at Subscene.  So, if you have the series, then you should be able to add them.  You may only be able to add subtitles on the computer, like in the VLC player, but not sure if it's possible on a DVD player.  I know you can't with a USB drive.  Looking into it and will get back to you.  Here's the link where you can download them.  They are not available yet for season 2.  Arg.

https://subscene.com/subtitles/der-pass/english/1946975

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Hi there,

Yes, sorry, I should probably have been clearer. I watched it via Sky and it was almost entirely in German/Deutsch language but it wasn't a distraction at all as it had really easy to read subtitles. To be honest, it added to the atmosphere. I'm getting used to switching on subtitles as I watch mostly late at night, and because actors seem to mumble so much these days! That said, I've had tinnitus since last Autumn, which probably doesn't help! 

• Like 1
  • Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

Tried to find Der Pass to download, but no luck, and I don't have Sky, or any other paid channel so I can watch it.

I too like subtitles, especially when the music is loud, which seems to be the norm these days and overpowers the voices, or when the voices are low volume.  I really do want to watch the original German version first before the English.

Also trying to download Those Who Kill, 2011 and 2014, but no one is seeding for me.  Boo!

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

The season 1 that I've downloaded does have English hardcoded subtitles, and would have to since I don't speak German.

Season 2 won't be out until 2020.

~     ~     ~

Came back to say that I watched the first 3 episodes last night, and I am officially hooked.  Most of the time the subtitles are easy to read, but when the white letters have snow in the background, I pause it.

Thanks Graham for introducing this.

Edited by Earthnut

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

I hope they dub it.    I watched a very engrossing show recently.  At first the dubbing was annoying, but  it got easier.  I liked the show.  For the life of me I can't remember the title though.  Something about  the dark,  Dark spot...  It was about a village,  in a  zone where cell service, all that was  blocked out by nature or something, and of course it involved murder and whatnot.  Very dark and brooding.  " Black Spot" it's called.

Edited by seesthru
  • Like 1

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines