Britannia - Ouroborus Heaven

The Old Man

• Elders (Admins)

Last week I binged on Season 2 of Britannia and took a few quick images of my TV (sorry for the quality, 2am, darkened living room etc) for those who haven't yet seen or discovered this dark humoured, symbol and rune-filled addictive take on the Druids and Roman invasion of Britain, in 1AD.

Think of it as similar violence level to GoT, with acting, writing (and language!) to match. Season 2 really ups the ante in terms of story, dark humour and the cinematography is often stunning.

I really enjoyed Season 2 of Britannia and the creator Jez Butterworth is a genius. He picks some great 60's music to accompany the series, and it really works.

For the Millennium fan, with an appreciation of runes and symbology, S2 has more Ouros than you can count, each more meaning full than the last. Yes, I admit I almost wet myself when I saw a rotating ouroborus!

Anyway, here's the images, enjoy!

97A38FC2-A5C6-4744-8BE7-80D8F119BD87.jpeg

9957330A-16CC-4F10-97CF-9B2AA5202460.jpeg

39077AC3-69BE-4997-A951-F8C62264E092.jpeg

B1EF389E-81BE-4B6D-90EC-0BA1EBC98AF8.jpeg

17498558-CF88-4422-B9D3-2424C391688F.jpeg

2292943A-AB0E-46DD-85A2-2552F61747B5.jpeg

6DFF9A55-AADF-4DE6-BD81-2CB7E98300C0.jpeg

A983D9FC-9138-4DD6-8CFA-FBA85195D23E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

WOW, you weren't whistling Dixie when you said it was dark.  Appears to be more about the Ouroboros than anything else.  Will check it out.

• Like 1
  • HaHa! 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Elders (Admins)

Lol yes the Ouroborus rocks, as always! :ouro:

Love the mystic Druids aspect too. I'd never imagined seeing Zoe Wanamaker in such a role, she is brilliant. You don't want to be a Roman when she's around. Roll on S3!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Elders (Admins)
On 3/14/2020 at 4:12 AM, Gotham Gal said:

Druids, eh? Sounds esoteric. May be too obscure for my simple modern brain, hard to tell.

No, definitely no need to be wary!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines