Hard Sun

seesthru

I stumbled into this show by accident.  I'm on the first episode.  It's  British-American.  2 cops find out about the upcoming end of the world,  something about the sun. One is a crooked cop, the other is  a woman cop whose estranged son tried to kill her.  It opens with a bang, seems action packed, of course....  but I'm waiting to see the apocalyptic aspect of it, the "Millenniumistic"  bent of it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Sun

"Hard Sun is a pre-apocalyptic crime drama set in contemporary London. The protagonists are two mismatched police officers, Charlie Hicks and Elaine Renko, who stumble upon proof that a mysterious cosmic event will destroy the earth in five years, a fact the government is trying to keep secret to avoid complete anarchy. The duo is pursued by MI5 operatives who are trying to silence them for good.[12]"

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

Thanks seesthru for the heads up.  Will check it out.  Sure does sound a lot like MLM with the mismatched officers and someone trying to silence them.  Bet the government is divided like MLM Roosters and Owls.  And, to me, it's better to have a 5 year time frame than an actual year or date.  Once the show passes that time, the story line would be a challenge. 

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

I loved the show.  If you liked Hard Sun, you should also watch Luther (a cop series created by the same guy who created Hard Sun)  if you haven't seen it

• Like 1

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

2 hours ago, voidprime said:

I loved the show.  If you liked Hard Sun, you should also watch Luther (a cop series created by the same guy who created Hard Sun)  if you haven't seen it

Great show with a magnificent villain/anti-hero, Alice Morgan, who rivals our own Lucy Butler. And anyone who likes the first season of Millennium should also like Luther's serial killer galore.

• Like 1

Still trying to download it, and what a slow process.

Thanks Seesthru for letting me know that we're not left hanging.  It could get picked up by another network, like "The Expanse" did, and there are others.

Tried to watch the pilot of "Evil" and changed the station.  Wasn't ejoying it at all.

I agree, Luther is good and worth the time to watch.

The more new TV series that come out, the more I am convinced that MLM is the best ever.  They try, but it can't be duplicated.  :ouroborous:

• Like 2

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Yay, my download is at 85%, so I will get to see this soon.  Really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

(Jane Fellowes)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines