Unanswered Questions/Unresolved Storylines

I sure can't answer that question, and it's a good one.  Let me know the answer when you find out.

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What happened to Benny the dog? Was Peter Watts killed or not? What was Lara Means' ultimate fate? Did she ever recover? Was watts' family killed? What was the fate of the Millenni

Force Majeure (Greater Force), is one of my favorite episodes, and yes, a part 2 would have been great. What most people are unaware of is..... And, what's interesting to me is , the Grego

I would have definitely liked to have seen more of Lucy's origin story and how she came to be the primary manifestation of Legion. Also more on the Long Haired Man and how that whole dynamic came to b

I know that  The dog who played Benny was getting too aggressive.  But in the show, Benny was  a very important character, and poof, gone. It's left up to us to assume that it was because Catherine and Jordan moved in with another  woman, and  that Frank was gone alot so couldn't keep Benny.   It's not like Kenny the budgie, who at least got a goodbye.  And with Kenny, you kind of knew he wasn't destined to last long.

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

On the bridge thing, I'm going to assume the Frenchman  sidled along the pipe or cable or whatever he was holding onto until he  got to land or to a support he could hold on to and slide down from. He sure was a strong  one!

Edited by seesthru

"I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen"

W. H. Auden

I'd like to have official confirmation by the writers on Benny's fate. 

The novelization may have answer to how the Frenchman got off the bridge. I assume he either stayed there or jumped and swam away, your arms get tired from hanging on like that. And it must have been a while because someone probably called the police because of all the car crashes. I think he most likely jumped and survived and swam away. 

Nobody can answer me if there there was a planned sequel for that episode. I asked Frank Spotnitz and he told me to ask Chris or Chip and Ken. I think if we would have gotten a season 4 it would have happened. That episode felt like it would have been continued. It would have been fun seeing Dennis and the clones return and Frank dealing with them.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:19 PM, seesthru said:

I would love to have seen a follow up on 5/5/2000, when the planet alignment proved to be  a dud... poor ole Dennis Hoffman and those blond kids all waiting for the catastrophes that didn't come.

Force Majeure (Greater Force), is one of my favorite episodes, and yes, a part 2 would have been great.

What most people are unaware of is.....

According to a recent estimate, there are about forty calendars used in the world today, particularly for determining religious dates. Most modern countries use the Gregorian calendar (see the Year) for their official activities.

Calendars fall into four types, lunisolar, solar, lunar, seasonal, besides calendars with "years" of fixed length, with no intercalation. Most pre-modern calendars are lunisolar. The seasonal calendars rely on changes in the environment rather than lunar or solar observations.

And, what's interesting to me is , the Gregorian is is solar only, whereas.....

The Hebrew calendar is a lunisolar calendar, meaning that months are based on lunar months, but years are based on solar years.

Having said and quoted all of that, they do say that the Gregorian is the most accurate in the world.

The date 5/5/2000 could be way off, and I would need to watch Force Majeure again or read the transcript to see if they even mention a calendar that they are using.  At this point I can only assume it was the Gregorian.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone were to make a movie with this story line in the 1st half, and then see what they come up with for the 2nd half?  Oh my.  With Mark Snow's music of course.

• Like 1

DarleneSignaturePic1.jpg

"Time is too slow for those who wait; too swift for those who fear;

too long for  those who grieve; too short for those who rejoice.

But for those who love, time is eternity."

(Jane Fellowes)

Millennium had all of these episodes based on under appreciated works and almost unknown pieces of information today. The Owls and Roosters, "Anamnesis" based on The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail, the population control and human experimentation quotes from "Sense and Antisense", etc.

That "Force Majeure" sequel would have been awesome, Frank Spotnitz has said that December 31, 1999 would have been handled very differently if there would have been a season 4. At this point I would prefer if they just wrote a book and addressed all of the lingering questions of the show. I consider some stuff from Back to Frank Black, interviews and tweets as canon nowadays.

54 minutes ago, Earthnut said:

Force Majeure (Greater Force), is one of my favorite episodes, and yes, a part 2 would have been great.

What most people are unaware of is.....

And, what's interesting to me is , the Gregorian is is solar only, whereas.....

Having said and quoted all of that, they do say that the Gregorian is the most accurate in the world.

The date 5/5/2000 could be way off, and I would need to watch Force Majeure again or read the transcript to see if they even mention a calendar that they are using.  At this point I can only assume it was the Gregorian.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone were to make a movie with this story line in the 1st half, and then see what they come up with for the 2nd half?  Oh my.  With Mark Snow's music of course.

I believe the planetary alignment did occur on May 5, 2000 though, but thankfully there were no catastrophic events.

On 2/11/2020 at 4:20 PM, Crunch7204 said:

I feel like there's more to the Polaroid Stalker than we know and how Frank and Catherine met and their past. I really felt like there was supposed to be a sequel to "Force Majeure". Lucy Butler's history with the Millennium Group. Cheryl Andrews. And of course those cliffhangers from season 3 like Emma and her father, Frank and Jordan's fates, did Peter really die, why did the Millennium Group murder Barry (or was it so Emma can take Andy's place?), the current state of the Millennium Group, the implication that some of season 1's killers may have been Millennium Group test subjects, etc.

I would have definitely liked to have seen more of Lucy's origin story and how she came to be the primary manifestation of Legion. Also more on the Long Haired Man and how that whole dynamic came to be.

• Like 1

Frank Black: I have seen the future where the battle between good and evil that has raged for millennia is fought to conclusion and the struggle for our hearts and minds is decided for all time.

We survive...maybe. But only by discarding the question that confuses us--"What do I want" and asking what the world...what the universe wants and needs...asking "What does life itself expect of me?".

Jordan Black: Which side wins, Daddy?

Frank: That's what I'm saying...it's up to us.

Jordan: We're all shepherds.

Frank: Yes honey. Yes we are.