Over the Top/Unintentionally Hilarious Moments

Rate this topic

Crunch7204

What are the most over the top/unintentionally hilarious moments from Millennium seasons 1 and 3? With Darin Morgan on board, I can't say anything from season 2 was done unintentionally.

- The scene where Frank performed CPR on the guy in "Gehenna".

- When Jim Horn started beating up the killer in "Dead Letters".

- The scenes with the Judge.

- The visions Raymond Dees had before the explosion.

- In "Walkabout", when Ingram was like "I had a plan and you ruined it" and Giebelhouse replied "I have a plan for you - prison!" I want to believe Giebelhouse's purpose was actually comic relief.

- In "Exegesis", when Frank tells the clone that she will get the death penalty made me chuckle and when Emma didn't understand Frank's explanation of why he omitted the Millennium Group from his report.

- In "Closure", when the guy shot the guy because he was snoring and when he shot the other guy instead of the apple and was like "you're free."

- Most of "Human Essence". That episode is hilariously awful!

- In "Bardo Thodol", Emma: "Hey! Hey bald man!"

Edited by Crunch7204
Extra moments
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Crunch7204 said:

What are the most over the top/unintentionally hilarious moments from Millennium seasons 1 and 3? With Darin Morgan on board, I can't say anything from season 2 was done unintentionally.

- The scene where Frank performed CPR on the guy in "Gehenna".

- When Jim Horn started beating up the killer in "Dead Letters".

- The scenes with the Judge.

- The visions Raymond Dees had before the explosion.

- In "Walkabout", when Ingram was like "I had a plan and you ruined it" and Giebelhouse replied "I have a plan for you - prison!" I want to believe Giebelhouse's purpose was actually comic relief.

- In "Exegesis", when Frank tells the clone that she will get the death penalty made me chuckle and when Emma didn't understand Frank's explanation of why he omitted the Millennium Group from his report.

- In "Closure", when the guy shot the guy because he was snoring and when he shot the other guy instead of the apple and was like "you're free."

- Most of "Human Essence". That episode is hilariously awful!

- In "Bardo Thodol", Emma: "Hey! Hey bald man!"

Wow, great ones.  Going to have to watch the series again and yes, I think everyone thought Human Essence was horrible.  It had a message, but in the wrong show.

One of everyone's favorites is 'The Curse of Frank Black."  It's loaded with fun stuff, but one of my favorite scenes is when Franks scares the kids in the basement.

Other funny moments, when Frank broke into Peter's house with a chair in "Goodbye to All That", it felt like it happened in a horror film. Also in "Collateral Damage", when the boy told Peter's daughter that she's a really good bowler and she's like "gee thanks, that's like the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me" made me cringe as if nobody has ever said something nice to that girl in her life!

Edited by Crunch7204

"Loin Like a Hunting Flame" wasn't very good, because I think it was ahead of its time.  Nowadays, with all the nut cases in the world, something like that wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Another episode that I've heard most people don't like is "The Pest House."  I for one didn't enjoy it.

One of my articles was posted on the main site, have you read it?  It's from the episodes "Innocents" and "Exegesis."

https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/guide/episodes/articles/301/28/butterfly-exegesis-of-innocents/

I feel like something went on in the writers room while "Weeds" and "Loin Like a Hunting Flame" were in production. Maybe Fox started to worry about the the declining ratings after the pilot and started pressuring the staff to come up with something else while those episodes were in production, hence the back nine episodes that started with "Force Majeure". There are so many things wrong those two episodes, though I actually enjoy "Weeds" in all it's absurdity. Another funny moment would be when the guy zapped Cheryl Andrews under the pool.

"The Pest House" is an ok episode in my opinion, I think most people hate the ending because Frank and the doctor act like they aren't going to call the police. We didn't see yet another crime scene or get another Frank ending monologue with a theme (you know which one!) 

And no, but I'll get back to you on that one!

There were some cringeworthy lines and scenes in the series, for sure.  My biggest   issue was with the dialogue.   Sometimes the dialogue was  what I'd call dorky. The choices of music sometimes, kinda dorky, the hairstyles  on housewives, they all had the same style, cringey..    The  Black family had good dialogue... But supporting characters, or extras... I thought could have sounded more contemporary.

All the housewives had 1950s hairstyles cause of the Lynchian theme all the writers liked. I think the choices of music were usually on point, but came across as stereotypical in for example in "Siren" when Jordan let go of Catherine's hand in the hospital haha! I think the Black family had its fair share of bad dialogue, Lance Henriksen said that the dialogue was "complex" and sometimes made fun of it himself!

Edited by Crunch7204

Not the Mark Snow music! His music is perfect!  My point is, that the characters  sometimes, were too corny for  words, right down to  the music on the radio. Now, don't get me wrong, the show had some great music included, like the Horses song, and the Year 2525, Love Hurts, and  even Insane in the membrane... But sometimes, the choices seemed a bit hokey.