Over the Top/Unintentionally Hilarious Moments

Rate this topic

Crunch7204

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know that it was over the top, but  I really loved it. I thought the actress did the part very well.  In Force Majeure, the college student  in the office Frank was questioning.  I just loved her acting.   If we had a favorite one episode character list, she'd be on mine.  

6 hours ago, FrankBlacksVisions said:

"Pilot": Frank simply saying the killer sees the world differently. 

"Covenant": The fact that one of the victims is named Mary Garry.

Also the wife being named Dolores which means sorrows in Spanish.

On 2/15/2020 at 1:35 PM, seesthru said:

Not the Mark Snow music! His music is perfect!  My point is, that the characters  sometimes, were too corny for  words, right down to  the music on the radio. Now, don't get me wrong, the show had some great music included, like the Horses song, and the Year 2525, Love Hurts, and  even Insane in the membrane... But sometimes, the choices seemed a bit hokey.

Gotta love that Backstreet Boys song or whatever it was at Jordan's party in "Seven and One"...😂

1 hour ago, Darth Paul said:

Gotta love that Backstreet Boys song or whatever it was at Jordan's party in "Seven and One"...😂

I found that cute and that is one of my favorite scenes. It brought back nostalgia for me because I recall the same song being played during a childhood friend's birthday party.

9 hours ago, FrankBlacksVisions said:

Why is that funny? Too on the nose?

Side note: Maybe I don't think the "Pilot" moment I mentioned belongs here, though admittedly it is a bit silly when you think about it.

Too on the nose yes. And not at all it definitely belongs here.

11 minutes ago, Crunch7204 said:

I found that cute and that is one of my favorite scenes. It brought back nostalgia for me because I recall the same song being played during a childhood friend's birthday party.

It was cute...but I found everything Brittany Tiplady in that show to be adorable. Perhaps my own musical bias clouds my judgement...🤔

Oh yes, sometimes I too would have picked a different song to play, and wish they had left ALL the music in Mark's capable hands.  One of the most discussed songs has always been, "Love Is Blue" from, "A Room With No View."

• Like 1