Screenplays

Rate this topic

Crunch7204

All I know is our sister site has transcripts, with a lot of other info, from the episodes, thanks to Libby.

https://millennium-thisiswhoweare.net/guide/episodes/

And from Wikipedia ~ 

Novelizations of five episodes from the first season of Millennium were published by Harper Collins between 1997 and 1998.[43]

1. The Frenchman (1997) by Elizabeth Hand
  2. Gehenna (1997) by Lewis Gannett
  3. Weeds (1998) by Victor Koman
  4. Force Majeure (1998) by Lewis Gannett
  5. The Wild and the Innocent (1998) by Elizabeth Massie

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 8:01 PM, Crunch7204 said:

Does anyone know if there are any original screenplays available online for episodes of Millennium like Twin Peaks does? 

I regularly read television scripts online and don't recall ever seeing a Millennium script, though there may have been some online at some point in the past because I feel certain I read the pilot somewhere. Like Earthnut said, there are transcripts, which of course are different from scripts, but nonetheless represent a great deal of good work on the part of those who labored so hard on that big project. The ones I've flipped through appeared to accurately reflect the episodes and depending on what your need is, might be useful.  I actually have an original hardcopy of Chip Johannesen's B lood Relatives.  Scripts were simpler then than they are today, and longer. This one was quite a bit more than 60 pages. If you do find any, please post a link here and I will likewise do the same. Good luck.

6 hours ago, Gotham Gal said:

I regularly read television scripts online and don't recall ever seeing a Millennium script, though there may have been some online at some point in the past because I feel certain I read the pilot somewhere. Like Earthnut said, there are transcripts, which of course are different from scripts, but nonetheless represent a great deal of good work on the part of those who labored so hard on that big project. The ones I've flipped through appeared to accurately reflect the episodes and depending on what your need is, might be useful.  I actually have an original hardcopy of Chip Johannesen's B lood Relatives.  Scripts were simpler then than they are today, and longer. This one was quite a bit more than 60 pages. If you do find any, please post a link here and I will likewise do the same. Good luck.

There's a good amount of them in the Fourth Horseman Press, but from the ones I've read so far have no deleted scenes or altered dialogue. They read like a transcript in a script page format.

As for "Blood Relatives", What are the script differences from the produced episode?

Edited by Crunch7204

• 2 weeks later...

None that I recall, though I'd have to rewatch the episode to be absolutely sure.  Scripts are usually followed quite closely and I think this one was, too.  Over the years, I've observed scripts have generally become more detailed.  This had some description, but not what you'd likely see today.  The ones that are (legally) on the web do tend to be the generally considered best ones, often the pilots, that can be quite beautifully written.

I'll look at the Fourth Horseman Press, but I'm pretty sure those are transcripts like I mentioned above.

Edited by Gotham Gal

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 3/13/2020 at 11:51 PM, Gotham Gal said:

None that I recall, though I'd have to rewatch the episode to be absolutely sure.  Scripts are usually followed quite closely and I think this one was, too.  Over the years, I've observed scripts have generally become more detailed.  This had some description, but not what you'd likely see today.  The ones that are (legally) on the web do tend to be the generally considered best ones, often the pilots, that can be quite beautifully written.

I'll look at the Fourth Horseman Press, but I'm pretty sure those are transcripts like I mentioned above.

Would you be willing to scan it (phone apps can do it from pictures of the pages + are readable but not high enough quality for someone to flip on eBay) to add to the collection?

Eve, I'm definitely willing to share, but I'm not sure where it is at this point. I think it was almost a decade ago I got it! I'm in Florida for a  Father's Day trip and it's definitely not here, but I'll look for it when I get back to the City before July 4th. Give me a little time after I return to try to find it, but it's okay to nag me later if I forget. It may be at the lake, though, and i won't be there till Aug. It's been so long...

• 3 weeks later...