Worst 5 and Top 5 Episodes

Rate this topic

Crunch7204

People's picks on these is interesting. I really liked many of them, including "The Fourth Horseman"/"The Time Is Now", "Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me", Midnight of The Century, Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense and "A Room with No View" to name some recently mentioned.

Also liked The Judge, and "Matryoshka" which I thought raised some interesting possibilities for future episodes that never materialized.  Also ...Thirteen Years Later just for entertainment value. Owls and Roosters. The Beginning and the End for mythology. The Mikado I loved--definitely top 5. In Arcadia Ego was good as was Sense and Antisense and Goodbye Charlie (top 10).

Liked the mythology episodes the most. Season 2 (Morgan and Wong) was the best for me, but I've noticed people are really committed to their favorites on this show.  I guess there was something for everyone. Many really liked the Darin Morgan episodes, though I have to admit, I didn't care for yhem when they first aired. It was after the show was cancelled and I bought the DVDs I grew to appreciate them for the absolute gems they are. 

Shows just how malleable the show could be. Today, I don't think that malleability would work as well.

• Like 3

When I first got the DVD's, I will admit I skipped over most of the shows.  I'd head for my favs, many of which you named.   JOse CHung, 13 years, Somehow Satan, those were my  fun ones. Hand of St Sebastian  too.    Now, my moody ones were Beware of dog, though it was fun too... and Fourth horseman and  The Time is now.  Force Majeure,  Midnight of the century...Must see ones.

I still will play the DVD's once in a while, but I skip over some all the same. I find that I don't skip over as many though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FrankBlacksVisions said:

What's wrong with ripped from the headlines stories?

Also, I thought the end was showing that Dees got the fame he so desperately desired, and the news media wasn't aware that they were giving him what he wanted.

This too is ripped from the headlines. The media does this a lot. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gotham Gal said:

People's picks on these is interesting. I really liked many of them, including "The Fourth Horseman"/"The Time Is Now", "Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me", Midnight of The Century, Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense and "A Room with No View" to name some recently mentioned.

Also liked The Judge, and "Matryoshka" which I thought raised some interesting possibilities for future episodes that never materialized.  Also ...Thirteen Years Later just for entertainment value. Owls and Roosters. The Beginning and the End for mythology. The Mikado I loved--definitely top 5. In Arcadia Ego was good as was Sense and Antisense and Goodbye Charlie (top 10).

Liked the mythology episodes the most. Season 2 (Morgan and Wong) was the best for me, but I've noticed people are really committed to their favorites on this show.  I guess there was something for everyone. Many really liked the Darin Morgan episodes, though I have to admit, I didn't care for yhem when they first aired. It was after the show was cancelled and I bought the DVDs I grew to appreciate them for the absolute gems they are. 

Shows just how malleable the show could be. Today, I don't think that malleability would work as well.

I think "In Arcadia Ego" should have happened earlier in the season and I wish Peter had shot Sonny and he had an arc of him feeling guilt. Season 2 had a lot of things to do with children. I wonder if those were some of the escape hatches Glen Morgan and James Wong talked about?

I watched an interview with Marshall Bell who played the judge in "The Judge" and he didn't seem to like being on the show. Maybe that's why he ended up being killed off from the show because that episode did seem like it was setting those characters up. 

What an interesting question, I don't think it would work today.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Crunch7204 "I wonder if those were some of the escape hatches Glen Morgan and James Wong talked about?"  

I have no idea, but it is a good question!  I also wish Terry O'Quinn had sat for some interviews about his character, Peter Watts, and why he played him as he did. He did a super job, and some of it was scripted and directed of course, but there was definitely his own interpretation of this true-believer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gotham Gal said:

@Crunch7204 "I wonder if those were some of the escape hatches Glen Morgan and James Wong talked about?"  

I have no idea, but it is a good question!  I also wish Terry O'Quinn had sat for some interviews about his character, Peter Watts, and why he played him as he did. He did a super job, and some of it was scripted and directed of course, but there was definitely his own interpretation of this true-believer.

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with children saving the world ("19:19", "In Arcadia Ego", "Anamnesis", "The Time Is Now"), alternative universes ("A Single Blade of Grass", "The Curse of Frank Black", "Goodbye, Charlie", "Luminary", "Siren", "The Time Is Now"), something with Legion and religious artifacts. I think the Millennium Group would have fought against Legion's infiltration in the wake of the tragedy and ancient things would have come into play as well (perhaps a prophecy on children saving the world) and possibly something to do with Jordan. I think a lot of the storylines that didn't make sense that season or seemed to have been discarded would have come into play. That season was the most self-referential season from 1013 productions. 

I'm pretty sure Terry O'Quinn could not have played Locke as good as he did in Lost if he had not had training on Millennium. I also wish that Kristen Cloke and Stephen J. Lang had been featured.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...