Worst 5 and Top 5 Episodes

Rate this topic

Crunch7204

15 hours ago, seesthru said:

Maybe it's a combination of different killers

It definitely is, the wife is based off Susan Smith (the adultry and people thinking she was innocent at first) and Darlie Routier (the method of murder). I think they said the atonement of the husband was inspired by Albert Fish. 

Edited by Crunch7204
  • Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 7:30 AM, Crunch7204 said:

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with children saving the world ("19:19", "In Arcadia Ego", "Anamnesis", "The Time Is Now"), alternative universes ("A Single Blade of Grass", "The Curse of Frank Black", "Goodbye, Charlie", "Luminary", "Siren", "The Time Is Now"), something with Legion and religious artifacts. I think the Millennium Group would have fought against Legion's infiltration in the wake of the tragedy and ancient things would have come into play as well (perhaps a prophecy on children saving the world) and possibly something to do with Jordan. I think a lot of the storylines that didn't make sense that season or seemed to have been discarded would have come into play. That season was the most self-referential season from 1013 productions. 

I'm pretty sure Terry O'Quinn could not have played Locke as good as he did in Lost if he had not had training on Millennium. I also wish that Kristen Cloke and Stephen J. Lang had been featured.

Yeah, I agree about Terry. He underplayed Peter Watts in a way I thought was very effective and interesting. I do think it's possible to over-read things into Millennium scripts. All three seasons were run and often written by different people with different visions of where the show should go. While I'm sure they tried to be somewhat consistent, their personal preferences were sure to weigh in. Probably why most of us really DO have a favorite season, I guess!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/26/2020 at 2:40 AM, Crunch7204 said:

"A Room with No View" would probably be the next in line in my top 5. Why don't you like it?

That surprised me too. It’s generally one of the most popular episodes, as is Mikado. It’s more meaningful, when one ponders Lucy’s motivations for imprisoning those school students.? Her behaviour tends to demonstrate different ways, in which worldly evil can manifest itself. 

On 2/25/2020 at 6:05 PM, Crunch7204 said:

What are in your opinion the top five and worst five episodes of Millennium?

My Top 5 (Technically 6)

1. "Lamentation"

2. "The Fourth Horseman"/"The Time Is Now" (I included them together because they are a two-episode story)

3. "The Curse of Frank Black"

4. "The Sound of Snow"

5. "Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me"

My Worst 5

1. "Loin Like a Hunting Flame"

2. "Through the Glass, Darkly"

3. "Broken World"

4. "TEOTWAWKI"

5. "Matryoshka"

How come, Matryoshka at no. 5.?

On 2/25/2020 at 6:05 PM, Crunch7204 said:

What are in your opinion the top five and worst five episodes of Millennium?

My Top 5 (Technically 6)

1. "Lamentation"

2. "The Fourth Horseman"/"The Time Is Now" (I included them together because they are a two-episode story)

3. "The Curse of Frank Black"

4. "The Sound of Snow"

5. "Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me"

My Worst 5

1. "Loin Like a Hunting Flame"

2. "Through the Glass, Darkly"

3. "Broken World"

4. "TEOTWAWKI"

5. "Matryoshka"

How come, Matryoshka at no. 5?

On my first viewing, I just couldn’t connect the comedy episodes with the rest of; this brilliantly dark and enigmatic series. It didn’t take long for them to grow on me, though.