Covid-19: Your experiences

Rate this topic

Gotham Gal

I wonder if I had Covid 19 as I was in Asia for the later part of last year and was laid up over the holidays with a flu like I'd never had.  Couldn't stop coughing and I hardly ever get coughs with these seasonal bugs, and definitely not like that. Thing was, this Covid-19 hadn't yet been identified in late December, so there was no test.  It lasted longer than I would've expected with an ordinary flu. Believe me, you self-quarantine just out of sheer exhaustion.Being young and healthy sure helps! Wouldn't want to spread it, but maybe I inadvertently did. Yikes.

12 hours ago, Gotham Gal said:

I wonder if I had Covid 19 as I was in Asia for the later part of last year and was laid up over the holidays with a flu like I'd never had.  Couldn't stop coughing and I hardly ever get coughs with these seasonal bugs, and definitely not like that. Thing was, this Covid-19 hadn't yet been identified in late December, so there was no test.  It lasted longer than I would've expected with an ordinary flu. Believe me, you self-quarantine just out of sheer exhaustion.Being young and healthy sure helps! Wouldn't want to spread it, but maybe I inadvertently did. Yikes.

Same here last year, had a flu like no other, and mine also lasted longer than usual, especially the lingering cough.  I'm not young, and somewhat healthy, so getting sick is serious for me.  Maybe we did have it and now our immune systems are stronger against it, and getting it again.

Covid-19 World Meter as of today ~

Cases ~ 150,616

Deaths ~ 5,618

Recovered ~ 73,731

• Like 1

On 3/16/2020 at 3:27 PM, seesthru said:

I was sick 4 times last year, or else I had on very long illness. There were times I was ready to call 9/11 because breathing was so very difficult.   If Covid is worse than this was, god help the sick.

Hey, I'm with you.  I too was sick a few times last year, and I've had lung surgery, so I already live with a shortness of breath.  Maybe we had the beginnings of it and now we're stronger and more immune.  Here's hoping and praying that it's so.  God help us all.  The entire country is literally shutting down.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Florida.   I feel  like that should  be "nuff said."   But, I'll  cite a few examples.  Family in the grocery store, the kids were loudly coughing all over the place, up and down aisles...  Not covering the coughs.  Aiming for the groceries. Parents thought it was cute.   People licking fingers when counting out money to give the clerk.  One guy had the nerve to tell clerk don't cough on him, then he coughed on her.  Spring breakers thinking it's okay to still come down here, and try to sneak ont eh beaches.  Locals thinking the virus is a democrat hoax, because  their dear leader told them so.  People taking   aquarium medicines, because   that same leader told them it was good to do so.  People  believing if they are out in the sun they can't catch it.  People believing if they  don't run the a/c and let the house get hot, that will kill the virus.. The governor  saying  stay at home is nonsense, bad for the economy.   Florida.

Edited by seesthru

• 2 weeks later...

Gee, Seesthru, I kind of like Florida, especially in the winter. I think the sneezy kids and wheezy bums are pretty much the same everywhere, so we have to be super-careful when we go out in public to avoid germs, especially today. The locals I know (not many, admittedly) don't think it's all a hoax, though the governor has left quarantine orders up to the counties. West Palm is the only county I know well enough to discuss, and county officials had it locked up tighter than a drum when I was there. No golf for the old folks, even! The spring-breakers are usually from out-of-state and really shouldn't have been traveling (and partying at this time), but we are still one country, so I don't know...Anyway, I'm sure we'll all do our best to get through this, and boy, will it feel good to go into a sit-down restaurant and music/theater venue again once this is over! Makes me appreciate what I had!

• Like 1

My county  was  not in a hurry to   do any social distancing.   Escanbia.  And peopel still running around acting  silly.   Honestly some folks thnkthey are   social distancing and doing stay at home.... but they go to a friends house to get nails done, invite me   on a shopping trip to Wal Mart,  don't wear the mas or  gloves, or  stay HOME when not at work.  Let their kid go play with other kids at the park.

But they will yell at another person  for not wearing a mask.  LOL!!!

These are people I know, at the little store I fill in at from time to time.  And if I get through this without them infecting me, or them catching it themselves, I'll consider it a miracle. The owner still licks his finger to open a bag or count money.  If someone coughs, or sneezes, he runs and washes his hands...  but he licks that finger every time when he's counting money or opening those bags to put stuff in.    What are ya gonna do! Hand washing, glove wearing, mask wearing, and turning down each and every invite is what i do.  I wipe surfaces, credit card machines, chairs, door handles,  ATM machines..

But that's the general attitude.  Some people act very scared, and they are covered head to toe. But they  forget, touch their  masks.  I forget.  Heck, I"m not perfect.  But this is definitely a locked down county,  definitely  a very relaxed atmosphere. I"m lucky that I  live alone and don't have company. 

• HaHa! 1

I was sick starting Christmas evening .  horrible cough and low grade fever that would not break for 6 days .  its possible it was an early form of the virus that morphed into COVID-19 .  since I live in senior care , I automatically go into self isolation .  took 6 days and then poof , no fever or cough .   since lockdown we have had 7 confirmed cases of COVID-19 , but they were in an isolated area .  we eat in our rooms and I rarely leave it except  to get mail and start my Jeep and drive around the parking lots .  have not left the premises since 12 March .  hoping I can get my refill meds mid June .   take care all !  :boogie-like-Earthnut: