A cabin in the woods

Rate this topic

seesthru

OH gosh, organic eggs here?  Not unless you know someone with some chickens!  I miss organic eggs.  I miss having a few hens.

Toilet paper, we had some in the store.  I didn't buy any!  I still have some at home.    You know, oddly enough, coffee was never out.  Or soda!

Bread is makign it's way back onto the shelves, as are bananas. Meat is in better supply, though double  the price it was, as are eggs and other foods. Still can't get disinfectant wipes or hand sanitizer or masks.  Or alcohol wipes, or  anything like that.

It's going to be a while.   

• 2 months later...
  • Elders (Admins)

Honestly, I still don't understand the whole toilet paper thing! I think it happened in Australia too. Obviously we have priorities.

Toilet Paper Yes GIF by Virgin Trains

Our local Tesco supermarket on the retail park is apparently back to normal in terms of actual stock on the shelves but it took a hell of a lot longer than we were told it would when the rationing came in. They have friendly staff at the entrance who only allow a few people in at a time, so when one customer comes out, next is allowed in, everything is well managed and organised, paths and spacing clearly marked out on the floor etc. 

Time to stockpile that bog roll ready for the next wave,

• 2 weeks later...

I guess that  is as good an excuse as any! LOL    I see signs of another panic here in Florida, and for good reason.   I can't believe the stupidity of people.  I was in public, wearing my mask, and a guy comes up, tries to chat me up, and as usual around here, he's unmasked. After a few minutes, tells me he's been exposed to the virus.  I know him,  we chat occasionally.  He's  early 70's.   I know we blame the younger people for the spread, and yes they do, but where I am?  My exposure on a nearly daily basis comes from the over 50 crowd. Anyway he cannot conceive  the notion that he should be at home, in quarantine for 2 weeks.   He's flabbergasted  I tell him he needs to go get tested, then wait at home for the results and  stay home.  I tell him he's put me and everyone he's been in contact with, at great risk, because he's not masked and he's been exposed and is out possibly spreading the  virus.  He's clueless.  He doesn't get it.   Many people say,  if they get it and die, so be it.  But they don't seem to care about the people they will be killing in the process.

I've been coughed on,  full dead on.  The person coughing  is completely unconcerned about where their germs are going.  This ticks me off at any given time, as  I believe people do know better, they just don't care. And they act like I'm a lunatic if I   so much as  speak up about it.  The cabin in the woods is a very  good place  right about now. Wish I had one!

Anyway, the shelves still aren't stocked, I can't get disinfecting wipes, the bleach is some weird name,  can't seem to get masks, even though you rarely see people wearing them .  Toilet paper is in stock.  Food, meh, some good, pricey though.

I'd settle for the Black cabin, as rickety as it was.....    Or even a tent by a lake.  Wait, no tent.  Bears and bigfoot...  How about a cabin or a sturdy camper?

• HaHa! 2