Episode Rankings

Rate this topic

My rankings of every Millennium episode by season; these are obviously subject to change. To make things easier for myself, I listed two-part episodes as one.  

Season 1

1. "Lamentation" (1.18)

2. "The Thin White Line" (1.14)

3. "Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions" (1.19)

4. "Paper Dove" (1.22)

5. "Force Majeure" (1.13)

6. "Walkabout" (1.17)

7. "Sacrament" (1.15)

8. "Blood Relatives" (1.07)

9. "Maranatha" (1.21)

10. "Wide Open" (1.09)

11. "The Pilot" (1.01)

12. "The Judge" (1.04)

13. "Gehenna" (1.02)

14. "The Wild and the Innocent" (1.10)

15. "The Well-Worn Lock" (1.08)

16. "Dead Letters" (1.03)

17. "Covenant" (1.16)

18. "Kingdom Come" (1.06)

19. "5-2-2-6-6-6" (1.05)

20. "Weeds" (1.11)

21. "Broken World" (1.20)

22. "Loin Like a Hunting Flame" (1.12)

Season 2

1. "The Fourth Horseman"/"The Time Is Now" (2.22-2.23)

2. "The Curse of Frank Black" (2.06)

3. "Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me" (2.21)

4. "The Beginning & the End" (2.01)

5. "A Room with No View" (2.20)

6. "Luminary" (2.12)

7. "Goodbye, Charlie" (2.11)

8. "Midnight of the Century" (2.10)

9. "The Mikado" (2.13)

10. "Beware of the Dog" (2.02)

11. "Owls"/"Roosters" (2.15-2.16)

12. "Anamnesis" (2.19)

13. "Monster" (2.04)

14. "The Pest House" (2.14)

15. "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" (2.09)

16. "In Arcadia Ego" (2.18)

17. "The Hand of Saint Sebastian" (2.08)

18. "Siren" (2.17)

19. "A Single Blade of Grass" (2.05)

20. "19:19" (2.07)

21. "Sense and Antisense" (2.03)  

Season 3

1. "The Sound of Snow" (3.12)

2. "Borrowed Time" (3.10)

3. "Collateral Damage" (3.11)

4. "Omertà" (3.09)

5. "Antipas" (3.13)

6. "Skull and Bones" (3.06)

7. "Saturn Dreaming of Mercury" (3.16)

8. "Bardo Thodol" (3.18)

9. "Seven and One" (3.19)

10. "...Thirteen Years Later" (3.05)

11. "Via Dolorosa"/"Goodbye to All That" (3.21-3.22)

12. "Closure" (3.04)

13. "The Innocents"/"Exegesis" (3.01-3.02)

14. "Darwin's Eye" (3.17)

15. "Forcing the End" (3.15)

16. "Nostalgia" (3.20)

17. "Matryoshka" (3.14)

18. "Human Essence" (3.08)

19. "Through the Glass, Darkly" (3.07)

20. "TEOTWAWKI" (3.03)

Edited by Crunch7204
  • Like 2

Am I correct in saying your ranking method is 1, then down to the number of episodes in the season?

You amaze me.  There's no way I could do this, because of deciding among my favorites.

The reason I don't, is that I really have trouble deciding on  a ranking for the episodes past my few favorites.  

1 Last two of season 2

After that, I can't rank them. I can't decide if I like Beware of Dog better than The episode where the Old Man gets killed, or if I like  Midnight of the Century better than Beware of the Dog...

Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense is a favorite,  but it's kind of a stand alone for me. I can't rank it at all/

Force Majeure competes with  Midnight of the Century and  Beware of the Dog too.

13 Years Later is a stand alone favorite.. It competes with  Somehow Satan Got Behind me, but both rank behind  Jose Chung.  All three of those episodes I put outside the   competition, as they are  tension relievers and   in a category of their own.

Skull And bones competes with  Goodbye To All That 

On the flip side, I can't decide which episodes  would be my least favorite either.  There are a lot of them I don't like, more than ones I like... The only one I know is  the last of the last is the Loin one... Second to last might be Goodbye Charlie. Not sure.  I really didn't like th eone about the kid visiting the  funerals either.  

And where do I put the Pilot?  I loved parts of it.  Hated parts of it.   But it is THE episode that introduces us to the Black family.    

I may work on it, if ever I get the chores caught up around here.  My lazy nature says that might not happen, but if it does, I'll surely share!

• HaHa! 1

• 1 month later...

Great lists and evaluation. In series one, I would probably have put Dead Letters right at the bottom; though. It’s to me, an episode which could almost be from any detective series. And, a pedestrian one; compared with the high standard of other episodes. I’m also pleased, that you seem to recognise the greatness of Skull & Bones. When re-watching all three series (which I do regularly), that episode almost always brings a few tears; to my eyes. Usually, I tear-up at about when that perfectly apt song starts playing; “Love Hurts” (as Emma moves aghast amongst those grisly relics of murder in the workshop!). Another episode of particular emotional resonance, for me; is the one in which that young fellow gets lost in the beautiful Alaskan wilderness (whilst trying to find himself as part of his journey of discovery) (offhand I don’t remember which series that one’s from). All the best, and please post when you can..!

• Like 1