Worst Mm Episode....ever

Rate this topic

Guest MMawagen

Well....at least you passionaly like SOMETHING about the show! Thank you! I loved "Somehow, Satin" and "Jose Chung" , too, and found them quite fitting for the overall theme of the series.

Guest Toney

I find it odd how the eps get a mixed reaction from fans. When other series do episodes that are somewhat different (and they're actually good), the fans love them. But with these episodes, the fans recognise that they're good but don't particularly like them. Buffy has done a musical episode, and it's probably the episode that every single fan loves. It's nothing like the others but it was Good, so it was liked. Same with Humbug and the X-Files Jose Chung episode: you never see X-Files fans say that those are the worst episodes in the series.

I think it's because the 2 comedy eps are making a mockery out of the whole show, is the reason why they're often not liked by the 'hardcore'.

Guest lonegungrrly1121
Same with Humbug and the X-Files Jose Chung episode: you never see X-Files fans say that those are the worst episodes in the series.

I think it's because the 2 comedy eps are making a mockery out of the whole show, is the reason why they're often not liked by the 'hardcore'.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love MillenniuM because it is dark. the comedy episodes seem COMPLETELY out of cahracter, in fact I don't consider them to be 'cannon' episodes at all. they seem like a different show altogether. which is fine, i like them too but how can two random episodes out of 50+ episodes be the best theme of the show as a whole?

the x files has many many funny episodes because it works in that show with those characters. darin morgan began that 'comedy' crusade there too. in MillenniuM, it simply doesn't work.

Am I the only one that thinks the MillenniuM opening credits seem completely out of place after Jose Chung's opening monologue?! and after the cafe scene in Somehow satan got behind me?! don't get me wrong i love the episodes but i don't consider them to be millennium episodes at all :fool:

Guest Father Karras

I have to say that most of the season 3 episodes didn't do it for me. I also agree that 13 years was not a great episode but I did smile at Frank profiling the killers from slasher flicks.

FK.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Hmm, I was not aware that there were that many Millennium board members who did not like the "lighter" episodes. I thought it was more of a mix with the majority liking them and the minority not caring for it, albeit a good size minority. Personally, I loved them both. I thought they fit perfectly in the series, and I felt that "Jose Chung" in particular was brilliant. I think it showed how much range the show and writers had, and as I have said before, it was a great change of pace. I got so many good laughs out of "Doomsday defense" that I would rank it up there as one of the funniest episodes I have seen of anything this year, and that includes shows that are supposed to be funny. I think the vast majority of the episodes were classic Millennium, so sneaking a few of these clever spoofs in there just added some nice variety. As i mentioned earlier in this string, I think they took it one episode too far with 13 years later. Not that another "funny" episode would have been out of place, but that one simply was not very good. Omerta was another departure from classic Millennium, but worked for me. That is another one that has gotten mixed reviews, and as was the case with 13 years, i would guess that the majority of Millennium hardcore fans probably did NOT like the episodes.

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

It's difficult to say what I think is the worst episode overall. I think I can narrow it down to 'The Well Worn Lock', 'Monster' and 'Anamesis'. I find these three to be numbingly tedious to watch and never watch them unless I am watching all the episodes in sequence (even then they really test my willpower). Other notably poor episodes include 'Loin Like a Hunting Flame', 'A Single Blade of Grass', 'Siren' and 'Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me'.

Overall though?...

'Anamesis' (just).

Guest lonegungrrly1121

having just watched it, I would say that 'maranatha' is deffinately one of my worst episodes! sooo boring

Guest ModernDayMoriarty

What?! Maranatha is one of the best episodes by some way! Could I suggest you watch it again as I didn't realise how much I was enjoying it until it was nearly over. I really consider this one of the truly great episodes.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
It's difficult to say what I think is the worst episode overall. I think I can narrow it down to 'The Well Worn Lock', 'Monster' and 'Anamesis'. I find these three to be numbingly tedious to watch and never watch them unless I am watching all the episodes in sequence (even then they really test my willpower). Other notably poor episodes include 'Loin Like a Hunting Flame', 'A Single Blade of Grass', 'Siren' and 'Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me'.

Overall though?...

'Anamesis' (just).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Those are some good picks for the worst. It's almost like you were reading my mind. I do, however, think that "Monster" was pretty good, and even those who didn't care for it would probably agree that the introduction of Lara and Frank's discussion with Danielle's parents after he is arrested are redeeming qualities. I also liked 'Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me', but agree 100% on the rest. Incidentally, I remember that it took me until my second viewing of "Somehow Satan.." to get to like it. I did have a difficult time with accepting it at first, because I was all gloomed out for a classic, dark, realistic Millennium episode that i was kind of like "Hey, what is this doo doo". After I watched it again with more of an open mind, and knowing what to expect, it grew to be a favorite. It helps to have the DVDs and be able to watch those type episodes when I am in the right mood for them though. I'm not saying that these factors would influence the opinions of those who don't like the episode. I'm sure there are some who just think it stinks regardless of how you look at it, and I respect that opinion. The episode just isn't for everyone. By the same token, there are probably those who think Anamnesis was one of the all time greats. That's what I like about this show, it took some chances and had a lot of range and variety. Taking away one persons stinkers would be taking away someone else's treasures.

Overall though?...

'Anamesis' (just).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

since Somehow satan got behind is one of my favorites I would love to hear what you don't like about it?