Worst Mm Episode....ever

Rate this topic

Guest MMawagen

thanks everybody again for such a warm welcome. You are all too kind :)

I agree with Libby about that german detective...I remember thinking "what is wrong with this guy?". I enjoyed "the hand of st Sebastian" because I like when a show decides to push things a little and take risks like finding a piece of wood that was a part of Jesus cross or in this case, the hand of a saint. Not a religious guy but I always enjoyed the amount of historical information (true or not) that the show gave. The level of investigation to write such complex lines must have been real hard. Anyway, I understand U (when it gets too religiosity) because in some episodes when the spiritual part got to close to the camera, like Lara and the other girl watching angels or a virgin, for me was kind of annoying. Of course, this is an opinion but when you materialized those things, you left the audience imagination out and that is kind of a mistake. But like I said before, I respect and admire the risk to push things. In art, sometimes works, sometimes it doesn't.

"Loin" was more of a typical Millennium episode. I agree with you Seesthru, it wasn't a good one. I liked “In Arcadia Ego”. And also, I can imagine that in those days write a whole episode about a female couple who was in love with each other and then, get it actually on air must have been difficult. Though the end was sad, the episode showed a couple who was totally committed to each other till the end. And the baby ended up in a loving family. And remember Libby that they left a mystical door open about the baby: the guard did abuse her but the dna did´t match.
That was the strange dark/light tone that Millennium had that was so special for me. The whole "hero" concept (Frank): a man who loves his family but end it up losing them in order to protect them from the evil that surround us. That is such a bittersweet thought. I still don´t know how Mr. Carter convinced Fox to make this show...maybe we have to thank the X-files success.

Millennium was pretty ahead of it's time with In Arcadia Ego. I remember watching it and wondering how it got on air too. I think showing the love of two people, that surpassed life itself, was awesome. Yeah it was Millennium, so there had to be a dark twist.

I think Fox programming is wholly different from Fox News. They had MIllennium, X-files, and they have the Following. I often look at Millennium to find the non traditional good folk. Roedecker, Giebelhouse, Frank , Catherine, Maddie, The old man, Lara Means, You could see the earthiness or the realness. The lesbian couple were part of the realness. Emma was real, in that she was fresh, eager, but against her own best interests aligned herself with Frank until she was forced into an unwinnable situation and made the deal with the devil. Even the stripper in the pilot episode, was well portrayed. She was intelligent, tough and vulnerable, damaged and still doing good, and was a good friend to the murdered girl.

But in the "funny" episodes I DO look for the caricatures. I expect them. :)

Jose Chung is still the one they could have left out of the box for me. Most of the crime-based episodes from series one that people have mentioned actually help to build our perception of Frank's gift in my opinion. Must admit it has been a while since i watched any episodes. Must go through the box again. Right now I am watching Fortitude. Can't help thinking Lance would have played the Michael Gambon character "Henry" well.

Not keen on the episode named something like Somehow Satan Got Behind Me eith (sorry, poor memory but you probably know the one I mean) but at least it is still within "context".

I would like to add another one (I didn't care too much for "the judge" either. That could be a Steven Segal movie...anyway... :p ) that I remember it was kind of annoying for me in those days (actually, I still skip what episode) and that was "Omerta". I still don´t know what they wanted to do with that show. The only thing that I can think of that I actually enjoyed was the last dialogue with Lance and Jon Polito (playing the mafia guy who was cured by Lhasa). Maybe it was too X-files for me. Anyway, I will never understand why the writers have always the obligation to write a Christmas episode. This show isn't "friends" guys come on. But, one second thought, if they managed to write "Midnight of the century" -fantastic episode- maybe I´m wrong.

I liked Omerta. It is one episode where you see more of Jordan, and how she and Frank interacted. I like that they dealt more with Catherine's death and how Jordan was feeling, and also gave her a sense of acceptance in the end. I didn't like the stereotype of the mob guy, but I do like that the actor did it well.

I have to force myself to sit through some episodes and the Judge is one of them. I think though, he was one of the many that makes up Legion. Like Lucy, and Pepper, the guy that Samael killed.

Midnight of the century was awesome!

Jose Chung , the Somehow Satan, and 13 years later, were obvious spoofs of the show, by the show. The show had a formula. Each season had to have a stress reliever. A comedic episode. Or an oddball episode if you will. Jose Chung episode made everyone caricatures of themselves. Giebelhouse was played as really gullible and dumb.... Frank was played as more patient and a little less on the ball and second fiddle to Jose Chung. Peter Watts was More Watts-ish.

The satan one, you have three washed up devils talking about humans. They all have encountered Frank. I kind of liked those interactions. Frank with the ticket giver, Frank in the middle of the road seeing the one, and the comment one made about Frank looking like he was needing a whole bottle of the St Johns Wort.

13 year later, did that air on halloween? It is a spoof on scary movies and on millennium itself. I mean if you have to stick Kiss in there, it's a spoof.

Stress relievers. An obligatory HUH? episode. Not for everyone. But I liked them.

Jose Ching and Somehow Satan... were both good, and to many, 13 Years Later was, but that's what makes this show so special, the variety it brought us, whether we like all the episodes or not. It certainly gives us a lot to talk about, and the fact that these episodes were so different from the rest of the series. They stand out because they don't have much of anything to do with the rest of the episodes. They're not good or bad really, they're just different. Human Essence is another one that most people don't like, and I'm thinking it's because it had little to do with the show's story line, but as a stand-alone episode, as in the other three, it was good. I agree, definitely not for everyone.

• 6 years later...

Well look at me bringing a dead thread back to life. Rather than mention what I think is the worst episode from the series, I'd rather go ahead here and defend "The Well-Worn Lock." I think Chris Carter wrote an excellent one here, and the story bestowed so much dignity to survivors of sexual assault and abuse. If it's a LIFETIME movie as some have suggested, maybe I should start watching that channel more 🙂