Worst Mm Episode....ever

Rate this topic

Guest MMawagen

Guest Gatekeeper
We all have our favorites and they are difficult if not impossible to rank but one episode stands foot and ankles below the others....S3 ep "Human Essence".

"Human Essence" was indeed a poor episode.

The episodes I disliked the most are:

"Weeds" - poor plot and unnecessarily gruesome

"A Single Blade Of Grass" - felt more like an X-files episode

"The Pest House" - weak story with no direction

"Closure" - Had nothing to do with Millennium

I will also include "Somehow Satan Got Behind Me" - for a different reason. Darrin Morgan may be a great writer but this episode was just totally inappropriate for a show like Millennium. It felt pretentious and is something you would likely find on the Outer limits or The Twilight Zone.

• 2 weeks later...

Jose Chung meant well, had a couple of great moments - but the idea of "humor" in Millennium is still too avant-garde for me.

"A Single Blade of Grass" was just poor as was "Siren".

Guest Regan MacNeil

I think I have to agree that "Human Essence" is the worst episode, but I disagree with some of the other disliked titles;

"Omerta" I love this one (and that one girl IS a total hottie.)

"The Well-Worn Lock" It WAS kind of a Lifetime movie, but it was one of my early favorites.

"...Thirteen Years Later" I've never understood why everyone hates this episode. It WAS kind of dorkey, but I liked it. "Never believe anything you see on Halloween." It was a fun episode and I think it worked a lot better than the other comedy episodes they did. The only part that sucked to me was the whole Kiss thing. I HATE Kiss, and having them on Millennium was embarassing. Other than that it was just a fun, goofy thing they did for Halloween.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
You know, I only saw that one once, when it originally aired. I don't recall it being very memorable, but I can't say I hate it or anything.

I think my personal worst is probably The Well-Worn Lock. It just seemed way to cliche and do-goody social worker Catherine, endlessly repeating the statistic du jour about abuse. I found Loin Like a Hunting Flame kinda dumb, too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure I can call this one the worst, but I agree, it's not a favorite of mine either. Sometimes I feel like "Johnny One note" with my raves about some of the exceptional episodes, and 2 and 1/2 discs into season two, I really only have raves but, like every series, this one has its stinkers, and while I would hesitate to go as far as to call "Well-worn" a stinker, I can certainly say it wasn't a favorite of mine. However, until further analysis, I have to go with either Human essence or thirteen years as my least favorite.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I agree with the second part... :wink:

Omerta is pretty bad, but Human Essence and In Arcadia Ego are the worst IMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I hope I don't get strung up for this, but I really liked Omerta, and from what I remember of Arcadia, I didn't think it was half bad either. I agree on Human Essence, but with all the discussion about how bad it is, I am actually looking forward to watching it again, and reevaluating my opinions of it.

Of all the eps I have seen [s1 & 2 ] and read [s3] the one most totally unbelievable would be ' Human Essence' [ and therefore the worst ep ] .. It is simular to an ep on 'Startrek:TNG' and it is totally absurd, impossible, rediculess, and beyond far fetched... :wtf::ouroborous:

I forgot to mention this but "The Beginning And The End" was pretty bad - simply because it quashed the build up of the Polaroid Man.

Guest CyberDude

Although I haven't re-watched the entire series again, the one that I disliked the most was "Broken World". The action was rather dry and I feel like it could have been put anywhere (order wise) and it wouldn't have made a big difference.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest citizenk

There were more than a few dogs in MM but my least favorites were probably in S2. "Human Essence" to my mind, wasn't that bad. It was a little out of the ordinary for MM. "The Well-Worn Lock" is pretty poor for S1. But I still enjoy watching it. It gave Cathereine Black something to do since it didn't seemed like she was getting more attention from the stalker than Frank. I don't think there's a subject that's taboo or innappropriate for MM.

S1: "The Wild and the Innocent", "Covenant"

S2: "A Single Blade of Grass", "Goodbye Charlie, "In Arcadia Ego", "Luminary"

S3: "Borrowed Time", "Matroyska", "Thirteen Years..."

I agree with the second part... :wink:

Omerta is pretty bad, but Human Essence and In Arcadia Ego are the worst IMO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree completely...In Arcadia Ego was the essence of "true evil" when it came to writing and directing. This was followed closely, however, by the Well-Worn Lock and "A Single Blade of Grass"...

Havent seen any of the 3rd season yet, so maybe opinions will change...