Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Viivi
      Hi folks,
      you've probably heard the news already. How exciting!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/11/us/zodiac-killer-cypher-340-code-trnd/index.html

(CNN)More than 50 years after the so-called Zodiac Killer first began terrorizing the streets of Northern California, a code-breaking team is believed to have finally cracked one of the killer's mysterious coded messages sent to the San Francisco Chronicle in 1969.
      Dubbed the "340 cipher," the message was unraveled by a trio of code breakers -- David Oranchak, a software developer in Virginia, Jarl Van Eycke, a Belgian computer programmer, and Sam Blake, an Australian mathematician. Decoding the cipher revealed the following message. It was sent in all capital letters without punctuation and included the misspelling of paradise:   "I hope you are having lots of fun in trying to catch me That wasn't me on the TV show which brings up a point about me I am not afraid of the gas chamber because it will send me to paradice all the sooner Because I now have enough slaves to work for me where everyone else has nothing when they reach paradice so they are afraid of death I am not afraid because I know that my new life will be an easy one in paradice death."   The TV show the message refers to is "The Jim Dunbar Show," a Bay Area television talk show. The cipher was sent two weeks after a person claiming to be the Zodiac Killer called into the show.   Man says he presents 'most evidence' that deceased dad was Zodiac Killer   "It was incredible. It was a big shock, I never really thought we'd find anything because I had grown so used to failure," Oranchak, who's been working on solving the killer's messages since 2006, told CNN. "When I first started, I used to get excited when I would see some words come through -- they were like false positives, phantoms. I had grown used to that. It was a long shot -- we didn't even really know if there was a message," he said. The trio took their findings to the FBI a week ago, but didn't reveal their breakthrough until the FBI's confirmed cleared by the authorities, they said.   The Zodiac Killer is most known for leaving a trail of five unsolved murders between 1968 and 1969. He was never caught, but he gained notoriety by writing letters to police and local media up until 1974, sometimes in code, boasting of the killings. Bloody bits of clothing were included with his letters as proof of his actions. He claims he killed as many as 37 people. The FBI said in a statement that the case remains an ongoing investigation for the bureau's San Francisco office and its local law enforcement partners.   "Due to the ongoing nature of the investigation, and out of respect for the victims and their families, we will not be providing further comment at this time," the statement read.   The San Francisco Police Department has also been made aware of the solved cipher, and said the information has been sent to the department's cold case homicide investigators.   Oranchak detailed the process for cracking the cipher on his website and in a YouTube video, where he used a specifically developed decryption software and a bit of luck to finally make the connection. The team used a unique program to sift through 650,000 variations of the message. In one, a couple of words appeared.   "We got really lucky and found one that had part of the answer, but it wasn't obvious," Oranchak said, explaining that they then had to handpick their way through to decipher the rest of the message. The only disappointing part, Oranchak said, is that the missive contained no personally identifying information. Oranchak holds out no hope for solving the two remaining ciphers. He described the mission as "almost hopeless," as both are very short, with thousands of different names and phrases that could fit.
    • By The Old Man
      View File Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions: A Tribute to Millennium by Monk and Void
      Powers, Principalities, Thrones and Dominions: A Tribute to Millennium
      by Monk and Void

This remarkable fan-created CD features the score by Mark Snow, popular songs from the series, original music, and glossy cover/insert art.

Tracks include:

I. Pilot (The Frenchman)
      II. MillenniuM
      3. Luminary
      Four. Paper Dove
      V. LEGION
      6. Prophets (19:19)
      VII. Dancing Barefoot
      VIII. Through a Glass Darkly
      IX. Omerta
      ten. ZERO ZERO
      XI. Ascension

Download includes each of the 11 tracks and the separate artwork/extras file.
      Submitter The Old Man Submitted 04/18/2009 Category Millennium Inspired Music  
    • By The Old Man
      View File m=1000 - Millennium Tribute by Blithely Menace (2000)
      m=1000 - Millennium Tribute by Blithely Menace (2000)

An amazing and beautiful collection of fan made, Millennium inspired music tracks originally released for free download in 2000. Blithely Menace, creator of each and every one of these brilliant and creative sound collages, originally posted all thirteen of the pieces over a period of time on the Foundry's web page. They originally remained online for a limited period of time. With the exception of World Serpent, they were removed back in 2001.

01. The Midnight of The Century (part 1)
      02. Frankly Speaking
      03. One of Us
      04. Dark Knights
      05. Crusaders
      06. Revelations
      07. World Serpent
      08. Jerusalem
      09. Fire Brothers
      10. Inside My Head
      11. The Midnight of The Century (part 2)

Track 0 and 12 were Millennium's opening and closing themes, since available as commercially purchasable music on the Millennium soundtracks, these have not been included here for legal reasons.
      Submitter The Old Man Submitted 08/27/2008 Category Millennium Inspired Music  
      By Guest
      Here's a track I recorded a while back for the Season 2 episode "The Mikado".
      Thanks for letting me share it.
    • By The Old Man
      As you may know, 10 years ago the rather awesome @LaLaLandRecords released limited, stunning releases of Mark Snow's Millennium score. Currently, you can once more order copies of MILLENNIUM: LIMITED EDITION (2CD-SET) direct from LaLaLand's new website, which states a further limited batch of 1000 units are available from June 9th, 2018.
      The website also advertises 2000 units of MILLENNIUM VOL 2: LIMITED EDITION (2-CD SET). Both releases are priced at a very reasonable $24.98 at the time of writing.
      Visit LaLaLand Records' new website at https://lalalandrecords.com/

• Recent Activity

1. 2

Name One Line That Often Pops in Your Head

2. 2

3. 787

Snow Files of the Week

4. 2

• 10 Recent Topics

• 942E75C2-F0CE-46E3-9CDC-D8C2F067DCDF.png

Our new Spreadshirt clothing and apparel stores are now available!

US/CAN UK/EU

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines