What streaming services do you use for streaming?

what streaming services do you watch?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Given that many of us are just watching our shows and movies via streaming?  I want to know what streaming services do you use to watch and discover movies.  There are some of us who still watch just physical media while others do both (physical media and streaming). 

The Poll is multiple choice and doesn't reflect all streaming choices and etc.  There are about over 15 options you can check

Edited by voidprime
  • Like 2

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

"There are no answers- only choices."

Hard to get thru Covid w/out streaming, @voidprime:) I think we're finally starting to get back to some semblance of 'normalcy,' tho.

Personally, I love DVDs/BluRays. No commercials, exc. maybe on the 1st disc, good picture quality, indicia of ownership/can watch whenever. Live TV has too many commercials, so I often find another way to watch. Just have mid-tier cable and Roku box (1st gen, BioN). Stuff adds up price-wise.

• Like 1

• Elders (Admins)

Hi both,

Good question! I like polls too!

A mix here. Amazon Prime/Video, Sky which provides a mix of satellite and on demand streaming. I keep wanting to bin Sky off, it's so expensive now, and stick with Amazon and get Netflix instead.

I only tend to watch the news live these days, huge respect and crush on the BBC's Martine Croxall, but also because the amount of ads and ad breaks is crazy! You have to skip them on 30x fast forward!

Still have my beloved DVD shelf, of course. Never bought a Blu ray player, availability of streaming and satellite HD kind of beat me to it. If it's not on TV in HD, I no watch. 

My 42" plasma is now quite old, but still has awesome 1080p picture but it's full HD, not 4K. My Sky box isn't the newer Sky Q 4K version either.

I could watch in 4K on my PC monitor, but never do as it's not got a USB sofa attached to it and Amazon Prime doesn't support 4K on their Windows 10 app. 4K YouTube content is stunning though!

• Like 1
  • Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

@Voidprime: your poll is interesting in that we are apparently mostly luddites here!:) (cable/satellite users) That surprises me.

I'm definitely w/you Graham, only watching news live these days. (Way too much of it IMO and none good.) And yes, it's because of all the commercials. I can't take it, I lose my train of thought. You'd think the ad agencies would realize there's a law of diminishing returns, but I guess not. Skipping thru is a pita b/c you have to do it so much.

I go to my mom's and the cable company apparently knows her age so she gets targeted for all these disease/drug commercials that is scary, upsetting, nagging, and depressing. I hate it.

Full HD is way to go, TV in my LR is, but not the TV in my BR, which is the one I watch most. I'd swap them, but space-wise it would be a waste. I should at least get a nice sound system for the BR TV, though, and maybe to celebrate the return of my fav series, I will!

With Covid delaying new series, I did watch more short form, like YouTube videos. I didn't so much before, just occasional music videos. I actually have quite a few YT channels I watch now, though, and expect I'll continue. One I really like is a photography post-processing series that I get a lot out of. There's room for all this media in the world, I think.

• Like 1

I would totally ditch cable if TCM (Turner Classic Movies) had a stand alone pay monthly app.   

• Like 1

"Don't tug on that, you never know what it might be attached to. "- Buckaroo Banzai

On 2/24/2022 at 7:11 AM, The Old Man said:

Hi both,

Good question! I like polls too!

A mix here. Amazon Prime/Video, Sky which provides a mix of satellite and on demand streaming. I keep wanting to bin Sky off, it's so expensive now, and stick with Amazon and get Netflix instead.

I only tend to watch the news live these days, huge respect and crush on the BBC's Martine Croxall, but also because the amount of ads and ad breaks is crazy! You have to skip them on 30x fast forward!

Still have my beloved DVD shelf, of course. Never bought a Blu ray player, availability of streaming and satellite HD kind of beat me to it. If it's not on TV in HD, I no watch. 

My 42" plasma is now quite old, but still has awesome 1080p picture but it's full HD, not 4K. My Sky box isn't the newer Sky Q 4K version either.

I could watch in 4K on my PC monitor, but never do as it's not got a USB sofa attached to it and Amazon Prime doesn't support 4K on their Windows 10 app. 4K YouTube content is stunning though!

There are some great European crime and sci-fi drams on Netflix like young Wallander, The Chestnut Man, Biohackers, and Tribes of Europa.  There are a few great sci-fi and horror series on Netflix

As for 4K TV, I love my Roku smart TV and my 4K Sony UHD player.  Both are worth the investment

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Admins)
On 2/28/2022 at 4:59 AM, Gotham Gal said:

You'd think the ad agencies would realize there's a law of diminishing returns, but I guess not.

I love that!

Sometimes, (at bandcamp 😉), if I download a show from on demand/catchup service that I didn't record, it has no ads at all, and I'm left pleasantly surprised, all warm and fuzzy that my expensive subscription was enough! I just get the little idents with no ads between them. Happens on Discovery HD a lot.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

• Elders (Admins)

Cable/ Satellite luddite

LOL! 😈

I love TubiTV. I found it when searching for Columbo episodes. Might be a great place for Millennium to finally stream. There are a ton of great shows and movies, and the ads aren't that bad (when I stream online, sometimes it's just a one-commercial break).

• Elders (Admins)

Hhhm, I just looked that up as I'd not heard of it. Apparently Fox invested half a billion in it, so you never know. I can't image MLM being shown on Disney!
I read that Tubi can't operate in the UK and Europe anymore due to GDPR (privacy law) compliance, or rather the lack of the same.