“Goodbye to All That” Location Implausibility

Rate this topic

Not sure if this has ever been brought up, but I was watching the episode last night and a couple things struck me as odd and implausible. Namely, locations.

Peter Watts lives in the Seattle area, right? After all, we see Frank visit his home in “Midnight of the Century” and Catherine do so in “Luminary.” So then how does Frank bust thru Peter’s front door but work for the FBI in Arlington, VA, not to mention pull Jordan out of school in the Virginia area, all in a matter of hours? Ok, so the time from when he visits Peter to the time he runs out of the school with Jordan’s hand in his own, that’s more like a half day, but still. Plus there’s the scene where he and Peter meet on the side of the road surrounded by forests, then the files in the jeep signaling that Frank and Jordan were in danger. Great episode regardless, just curious what others thought.

Edited by davidmarx2000
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Admins)

Interesting! I've certainly never noticed that before. Opposite sides of the country, approx a 40 hour drive from Falls Church. Perhaps the Watt's family relocated after the Seattle area Marburg outbreak, I can't recall.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've watched that episode many times and never thought about that. Last season, Catherine gone, so...Old Man is right (I think) that there was at least one move in there, I just don't recall who ended up where or when. Pacific Northwest was in tough shape at start of S-3. I'll try to watch for that next time--good spotting.

• Like 1

Thanks. One thing I might do is pull out the DVD with "Collateral Damage." Where was the bowling alley located (from which Peter Watts' daughter was kidnapped)? Assuming it's highlighted at the opening scene like is often the case for Ten Thirteen, that might be a good indicator of the Watts Family residency.