Millennium Season 2 Feturette (us Version)

Rate this topic

Guest ourobor

Guest ourobor

I just finished the US version of Millennium S2, and I watched the featurette on the making of it, and theres alot of sub-text that many people hated the season season of millennium, they constantly refer to it as either "morgan and wong's millennium" or " they went in a different direction". even Lance said that they got less dark, and kind of funny with the episodes. The featurette kind of shows how certain people wanted to jump ship almost.now, I'm not the one to get offended by anything, but I thought that this was kind of disrespectful to morgan and wong's version of the series. I thought the second season was awesome, and by far the best, more or so because of the fact that the series had a underlying storyline, and it wasn't the "murder or the week" that TV does all the time. I personally didn't want to see this show pass 2000, it would've really made the show redundant, and it seems that Chris Carter left his responsiblities for the x-files (which ended horribly) and later bitched about how "bad" millennium became, when it was HIS creation. if anyone has further insight on why morgan/wong left, please let me know.

Guest Frank Black

You should check out Season 3 documentary then, i love the way Chris talks about wong and morgan :)

Answer me this, why was wong and morgan asked to participate in the documenatry, but declined?

You know how i feel about those 2.....

• Elders (Moderators)

QUOTE (Frank Black @ Jan 7 2005, 05:50 PM)

After seeing the documentaries you can always read "Morgan and Wong was asked but declined to participate on the dvd´s, gee i wonder why

Well, I think Morgan and Wong declined to participate in the extras, because of all the trouble, anger and arguments they had with 20th Century Fox, not only during production of the show. Just before FOX cancelled their show "Space: Above and Beyond", then Morgan and Wong came up with a new idea for a show they wanted to do, but FOX said no and pushed them into MillenniuM, like "Do this or do nothing". That was because at this time FOX had almost broke up with Chris Carter. He didn´t want to make the changes to MM that FOX wanted to have (something like more happy endings and give Frank a funny partner to lighten up the show) :p . Of course Carter, Morgan and Wong knew each other from the X-Files, so I guess that was the main reason Carter finally gave in and handed the show over to them. That was the situation, FOX couldn´t do the show without Carter, because he owns the rights for the characters (smart man :grin2: ) and he often stated that he was not involved in doing season two, he just gave his name and his OK to go one with the show and use his characters.

Guest Seraphim

The fact that they declined to participate dahses any "Aww, poor Morgan and Wong" sentiments I might have. They were given the chance to explain their ideas and goals for the show, but didn't. The cast and crews issues with changes are perfectly understandable. Considering the descriptions of the documentary from those in the UK, I was expecting the bashing to be really bad. But it really wasn't.

I am very mixed on S2. Some elements I liked and some I didn't. I liked their work on The X-Files and MillenniuM (The Others was okay), but I honestly think I hated every other show or movie they were involved in. I am quite disturbed to hear of another craptastic Final Destination movie being done.

Sorry but i can't stand morgon and wong. I feel that they deliberatly wrote into the show its demise from the first episode. Haven't watched the featurette but I'm going to do it right now and see for myself.

I watched it now and also get the feeling that there was some resentment toward the direction of season 2. I feel better to now know that i wasn't the only one feeling that way and it also answered alot of my questions on why it was allowed.

• Elders (Moderators)

I've just posted a response re S2 over in the thread "My Review of S2" started by Mr Mcbrayer (?). To be fair to them, perhaps they just didn't have the time available to get involved in the commentary.

However, they seemed to have lost interest in MM immediately after S2 ended. I've several articles here of interviews with them, and apparently Glen Morgan didn't watch any S3 episodes. I think they did see it as just one year's involvement, and that's that.

Guest fledgling666

i just watched the featurette too. here's my take:

i think most of the cast and crew were more upset that M&G sorta had "free reign" to write what they wanted. the other writers were having a tough time because of one thing- how do they do their job when these other 2 writers are building the series into a continuous set of chapters with more and more ties to the one prior (gthat they wrote)? how do you come into the middle of the season and build a story from that background, but not include half the other guys story in it? how do you write single episodes anymore after the trend has been started to run them all together? well, my opinion is that i really liked the Millennium group mythos, in fact, i loved it. i also really like the crime drama portion of the show, which, to an extent, became a seperate entity within the show. i liked everything about Millennium, except that because of the 2 very different types of sotries that were trying to be told, sometimes, they didn't match-up very well between episodes, speaking only of season 2, by the way. i still rate it my favorite season because of 2 things- they did get away from the "serial killer of the week" format that would have eventually killed the show and they made the show darker, less light at the end of the tunnel, almost without hope.