Hollow Earth Theory

Rate this topic

Archer

This is just trivial although remains a question mark in time. Several different factions whether religious or scientific believe in this place although there is no sufficient proof to support it's existence. ALTHOUGH Odessa seems to believe so what are we missing!  :ouro:

Just a question that will never be answered.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My religion says there is a place in the earth. I beleive that on faith. I have yet to see absolute proof that there is only an iron core.

Guest fledgling666

i'm pretty sure, at last hypothesis, the core is said to be mostly nickel.

as far as the earth being hollow? com'on, people, we are relatively certain as to how the Earth was formed and there is no way to keep a hollow center if the ball of molten junk is continuously getting bombarded by asteroids, especially if it IS molten, especially with the constant effect of gravity, especially without us EVER finding an entrance when the north and south poles have been relatively well mapped and explored by this time.

Guest CyberDude

Yeah, and how about the "center of gravity" being a sphere actually?:eyes: I thought center means point...

Plus... that "internal sun" of theirs...:nope: it would be pretty damn close to those lands wouldn't it? Roughly some 6000 Kms... it would most probably fry them alive :furious:, and if not it would probably feature a much stronger gravitational attraction than that "sphere(even the earth is not exactly a sphere but...) of gravity" so they'd be pulled into the sun...:rip:

Seems pretty stupid to me now :snore:

i'm pretty sure, at last hypothesis, the core is said to be mostly nickel.

as far as the earth being hollow? com'on, people, we are relatively certain as to how the Earth was formed and there is no way to keep a hollow center if the ball of molten junk is continuously getting bombarded by asteroids, especially if it IS molten, especially with the constant effect of gravity, especially without us EVER finding an entrance when the north and south poles have been relatively well mapped and explored by this time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fill me in on the "we" and the "fairly certain"? I have read some interesting speculations on how the earth was formed.. which idea do you believe in?

I shouldn't say it is hollow; I should say there is a place to exitst there. Since my view is based on the meta physcal I doubt it can be described in a literal sense from our limited vantage point.

Guest blondton13

With science being my ruling factor, I have absolutely no belief in a hollow earth. I mean, even the "well-known" composition on the earth is theoretical, correct? There is, at present, no sure-fire way to prove the makeup of every mile of the Earth's makeup (not referring to the many miles that can be radared, density tested, core checks, etc.) I acknowledge this.

But, until such time as there appears to be multiple rational thoughts with tangible evidence, hollow earth does not hold water for me. Now, having said that, wouldn't it be so COOL!?!! :grin:

I am filled with pride to be a part of a site where we can agree to disagree! (translation:=don't get huffy if I don't see things your way! :wtf: )

:alien2::alien::rofl::unclesam:

Guest fledgling666
Fill me in on the "we" and the "fairly certain"?  I have read some interesting speculations on how the earth was formed.. which idea do you believe in?

I shouldn't say it is hollow; I should say there is a place to exitst there.  Since my view is based on the meta physcal I doubt it can be described in a literal sense from our limited vantage point.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the "we" is the majority of the western-thinking public, using, to the best of our abilities, the information gathered thus far and the prevalent theories hypothesized thus far in the search for how the Earth was formed, most of which has been gathered in recent years by watching other solar systems in various stages of formation. it isn't difficult to imagine that ours is not so unlike all those others and it is quite easy to believe that there are likely only few ways it can happen.

i didn't say "fairly certain" i said "relatively certain." the two mean very different things. and by relatively certain, i mean that we, the people of western culture, or at least the majority of us who think about this one single aspect of the science of western culture, believe this to be a plausible explanation for the formation of our planet by the evidence mentioned above. there are other plausible explanations, of course, but this one seems to have the majority.

the theory i speak of is the one involving a central gravitized ball of debri, continuously collecting more and more debri by way of it's gravitational pull and the sun's gravitational pull swinging asteroids and whatnot into it, until much of the dust and debri has found a home on one of the many planets and the rest stays out of the reach of the gravity from both the planet and the sun or is moving too fast for the gravitational pull of either to have as much effect on it as it did all the other debri. not sure what the theory is called, i heard it once, i think, but i just don't recall it. i believe this to be the most plausible theory to date, as to how the Earth and other planets were formed.

and a theory of my own about the hollow Earth thing- sounds like "Dungeons and Dragons" to me. that is all.

Guest CyberDude

I agree with fledgling666 on this matter. It's nothing but SF and heated minds in all this story. A hollow structure with an internal sun is... rather complicate to form to say the least.