MLM Fan Wallpaper of Choice

Rate this topic

MLM Fan Wallpaper of Choice  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh, well. I spent the last 30 minutes trying to find out what "Active Desktop" means, but no luck. :no: I guess I'm stuck with basic blue 'till I can figure out what you  were talking about, you technical WIZARD!

Thanks for trying.... :thankx-big:

RavenWolf :frank_black:

• Elders (Admins)

Who me?

I rang my old mate Bill up at legion and this is what he had to say.

All about Active desktop. You'll notice it only mentions up to Windows 98. It was agreed whilst a good idea in theory that it was the tool of the :devil01: and should be removed from future versions of Windows.

For a good example of what could be achieved with it, look at this.

Of course this may not be your real problem.

Try saving your wallpaper to a folder on your PC that will remain intact. Create one for wallpapers in your My Documents/My Pictures Folder. Then save your wallpaper into it and then set that one as your wallpaper background.

It may be that the way you did it before is leading to it being corrupted in some way (perhaps its stored in a windows temp folder that is routinely emptied). By storing the wallpapers in a dedicated folder you know that nothing can interfere with the files in there.

Graham.

Guest TheSunKing1972

Here's a queston...... the overall group symble is :Ouro_Large: and the "Owls" have this  :Owls_Ouro_Large:

We need to find out if Chris Carter had a logo planned for the "Roosters" which I assume would just be a "Rooster"  in the Oro :frank_black:

:thinking_big: WOW!!!  And you wonder why I call you a technical WIZARD??????

This will take some time to process .... but maybe something will work.  I just knew something was not right when I FIRST found the OURO wallpaper, and the instructions said "Windows users Right-Click and Set "As Wallpaper", and mine does not say that...EVER!  I Set "As Background", because the only other options are "Save Target As...." "Save Picture As..."  "Set As Background"  "E-mail picture"  "Set as desktop item", etc.  So, I picked Set As Background.... closet I could come to wallpaper... Go figure...

RavenWolf

• Elders (Admins)

LOL! You picked the right one!

The file may have become lost or corrupt. Follow the instructions above to try again saving it somewhere safe first before you use it as a background.

Gra. :ouro:

• Elders (Admins)

Hi Erin,

I asume you've save the wallpaper to a folder on your PC and tried to set it as your background wallpaper and that you are still getting a blue screen instead.

If you want to e-mail with the version of Windows and Internet Explorer that you are using I'll try and sort it for you.

Regards,

Graham.

:thankx-big: Graham!  You are SO sweet and patient with me... since I'm obviously clueless! :duh_big:

I'll e-mail you later today with the info. you asked for.

Oh, but on the subjet of the pole going on here, in all the confusion of trying to get this to work... I forgot to mention that I changed from the simple Ouro to the larger one with the title (MillenniuM) and the stack of papers. (not going to try to spell that word! :wink_big: )  That's now, for the moment, my "wallpaper of choice".

RavenWolf :Ouro_Large:  :Owls_Ouro_Large:

Raven, I hope you were able to get things worked out.  I definitely sent you to the right technical advisor!

Sun King, that is a great idea about a potential Rooster-Ouro idea.  It had never occured to me, if CC and the team had any idea like that.  In any case, I think it would be a great idea for one of our MLM tech-artist wizards to give it a shot, and come up with a Roosters-Ouro using the traditional one and colors.  Very cool idea.

Scott