Weird, Exciting, Unexpected!

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Well, I am happy to say that my season 2 DVD fionally arrived yesterday. As it turns out, disk one has two of the best episodes ever, so there was not much need to skip forward too much, although I could not resist starting with ep. 2, "Beware the Dog". I was not dissapointed, as it has been many years sense I had seen this episode, but for some reason, it was not as freash as I expected. It almost seemed like I had seen it in the last couple of years. I enjoyed it none the less. I then went to ep. 1, and it was the same story. I really enjoyed it, but it seemed pretty familear. Tonight, however, I watched the episode that my topic title is referring to. I decided to stay in order and watch Sense and Antisense, and for the life of me, I can't remember ever seeing this episode at all, so it was like a special and unexpected bonus. Like a brand new, previously unreleased Millennium. There have really only been a couple of other series that I have followed so closely and enjoyed like I have this one, and they are NYPD Blue and X-files. I am sure that I have seen all the episodes of both of them several times. I would have never expected a Millennium episode to have slipped through the cracks, but it was a pleasant surprise, as it was a really enjoyable episode. It does seem like I have a faint memory of the final scene where the swat team busts into the Genome facility, so maybe by some freak coincidense I got in late and missed most of it when it aired, and then also missed the rerun. Anyway, it took a great deal of descipline for me to go in order and watch this one before episode 4, "Monster". This has long been one of my favorites, and the introduction of Lara Means, so I am off to watch that one next. :grin:

Beware The Dog aged better than I expected, which is more than I can say for some other episodes that I remembered as being excellent that are now less-so.

Sense And Antisense though feels too... weird. It pulls the rug out in an odd fashion and I realize that was the point, but I thought it didn't end well.