X-files Smoking Man On Millennium?

Rate this topic

Guest heltons01

Guest heltons01

In the final episode of season 2 Peter Watts goes into that room to get some of the Old Man's personal effects and on the floor in front of him is a cigarette butt. The same kind the The Cancer Man smokes in the X-Files. Could this have been the crossover Carter talked about having? And one other thing. The "plague" in the second season is oddly reminisent of an episode of the X-Files where Mulder is undercover and has to help rob a bank. During this period a substance is released at a movie theater in Ohio and the outcome alot like the outcome at the end of season 2. Any thoughts??

I remember watching that episode of MM and I was so happy cause I thought the next episode would be some kind of cross over but they never did and they never explained the cig. either. oh well after the xf mm cross over im glad the didnt mix the 2 worlds anyway.

-mm

Guest fledgling666

i often wished they had done more with the Morley cigarrette, but to be honest, they really screwed up the one crossover episode, and i, too, am glad they didn't. if it had had the seriousness of x-files season 4, i think, where the deputy director mulder is implicating in a conspiracy is shot in his office from across the street, then maybe, but i am still not sure, i'd have to go back and watch a lot of the x-files before i'd say that would be ok (i only watch x-files reruns when i'm at my mother-in-law's house, i BOUGHT the Millennium season one and two).

• 8 years later...

Everytime I saw a Morley or a burning cigarette I would think of the smoking man, and just knew he was involved in some way. I believe these little mysteries make the show even more enjoyable. Keeps us on our toes, so to speak. Couldn't stand on my worn out toes. How's about, keeps me alert. Now I am reminded of the old joke that insinuates you as being a "Lert." Stopping now. teehee.gif

• 6 months later...