Basking In The Afterglow Of Luminary

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Well, I finally gave into temptation and skipped ahead to disc three of season two and watched Luminary. What a masterpiece!! I can safely say that Millennium, television, and entertainment simply don't get any better than this, and it gets a 10 out of 10 in my book. This episode is simply perfect in every way. First off, the story is as well written as any Millennium episode. The acting is second to none, and the casting is also great, especially with an appearance of .... heck, I don't even remember his name, but I have seen him in a great many character roles, including his role in this episode as the sheriff, or chief of police, or whatever his official position was. Then, there is the absolutely stunning visual beauty of the episode that was so well captured in almost every scene, and an equally beautiful soundtrack that complimented it perfectly. This episode also captures the character of Frank, as he walks out on his Millennium group "interrogation", and then ventures off on his own, following his instincts and finding Alex, despite the fact that he has been left for dead by everyone else in the story. As is often the case, I can't find the words to effectively express how brilliant this show, and this particular episode is, but this is simply as good as it gets.

Guest SouthernCelt
Well, I finally gave into temptation and skipped ahead to disc three of season two and watched Luminary. What a masterpiece!! I can safely say that Millennium, television, and entertainment simply don't get any better than this, and it gets a 10 out of 10 in my book. This episode is simply perfect in every way. First off, the story is as well written as any Millennium episode. The acting is second to none, and the casting is also great, especially with an appearance of .... heck, I don't even remember his name, but I have seen him in a great many character roles, including his role in this episode as the sheriff, or chief of police, or whatever his official position was. Then, there is the absolutely stunning visual beauty of the episode that was so well captured in almost every scene, and an equally beautiful soundtrack that complimented it perfectly. This episode also captures the character of Frank, as he walks out on his Millennium group "interrogation", and then ventures off on his own, following his instincts and finding Alex, despite the fact that he has been left for dead by everyone else in the story. As is often the case, I can't find the words to effectively express how brilliant this show, and this particular episode is, but this is simply as good as it gets.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

AMEN! My reaction exactly when the show first ran. I'm about two episodes away from "Luminary" in the DVD and so far have resisted viewing it out of order from original broadcast.

Guest canadian girl

I remember this episode as being stunning as well. I'm also close to watching it but am determined to watch the shows in order.

What am I going to do when I'm done Season 2 and Season 3 is nowhere in sight here in North America? :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is EXACTLY the way I've felt about this episode since I 1st saw it! It seems to hold the essence of the series with it. (better watch out, or I'll have you writing reviews for me! :gaba: )

I too have wished I could leave all behind and just 'disappear' ... one day it may still come to pass but it is not yet the time.... 'no footprints upon the sand' ...  :ouroborous:  :ouroborous:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same here. Maybe someday.... *sigh*

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I remember this episode as being stunning as well.  I'm also close to watching it but am determined to watch the shows in order.

What am I going to do when I'm done Season 2 and Season 3 is nowhere in sight here in North America? :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just thinking the same thing myself last night. There are 6 discs, and I am already almost all the way through two of them. When is season three expected to be released anyway? I thought I read something a couple months ago about seasons three following right behind season two. Hopefully it's not too far off.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

This is EXACTLY the way I've felt about this episode since I 1st saw it! It seems to hold the essence of the series with it. (better watch out, or I'll have you writing reviews for me! :gaba: )

Nah, you do just fine on your own. It's not surprising that we often see eye to eye though. I'm considered quite the Wolf myself.

Well, I finally gave into temptation and skipped ahead to disc three of season two and watched Luminary.

Shame on you........Never admit it do like me wait for everyone to go to bed stay up and watch it then deny everything. :gaba: I couldn't say it any better than you though that was a wonderful episode. After I rewatched it two things hit me. One I wish I could change my vote for favorite episode and Two I ordered the book it was inspired by. I start reading it tomorrow.