Millennium Type Books?

Rate this topic

hippyroo

There are actualy 2 Millennium paperbacks out there, but they're a little hard to find, as they are out of print. They are the book interpretation of the first 2 episodes. The first is called "The Frenchman", and the second, "Gehenna". I was lucky enough to find them, a few years ago.

The ultimate Millennium book is Red Dragon by Thomas Harris. It's the story of a former FBI agent who has a unique insight into the criminal mind who comes out of retirement to track a serial killer (sound familar?). Along with the real life Academy Group and the movie Se7en this was one of the main inspirations for the show.

• 1 month later...
Guest exegesis
The ultimate Millennium book is Red Dragon by Thomas Harris. It's the story of a former FBI agent who has a unique insight into the criminal mind who comes out of retirement to track a serial killer (sound familar?). Along with the real life Academy Group and the movie Se7en this was one of the main inspirations for the show.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The last episode of Millennium was almost a direct copy of "Manhunter" in many aspects.. the serial killer with the night vision goggles, the posing of the bodies.all the way up to him cohabitating with a blind woman. Manhunter starred William Peterson from C.S.I. fame. Manhunter was remade into "Red Dragon"

as far as mythology and establishment in a novel, I am a big fan of Neal Stephenson's Cryptonomicron, and his Baroque Cycle Trilogy.

For the mythology, creep factor, one can't beat "House of Leaves" by Mark Danielewski. I have read it three times and it still blows my mind. they have their own website such as this one with a forum at the books title.com (don't want to cross post). the author just happens to be the singer "Poe"'s brother. Its a Seminal piece and i do not know how the author would follow it up, but it left an impression on me like no other.

Others of course are the DaVinci Code, and other Dan Brown Fare, "The Rule Of Four".

As for nonfiction, anything written by John Douglas, the FBI detective who founded VICAP and the Serial Crime Unit at Quantico. (Scott Glenn's Character in "The Silence of the LAmbs"). His best novel is Mindhunter.

hope that helps:)

look for HP LOVECRAFT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll second this. Granted, Millennium wasn't likely to show any tentacled, extra-dimensional brother of say, Peter Watts, but the atmosphere is very claustrophobic and relentless at times, things always hinted at, but never seen until the end.

To have seen Frank Black going after Joseph Curwen's newest manifestation, flashbacks of previous Millennium members taking on the original, could've been very cool.