Welcome To The Dance....

Rate this topic

Guest blondton13
yes i do have a sense of humor, but i promise i will not be doing any seductive dances anytime soon :smokin:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Darn!! And I wanted to "see you dance on the blood-dimmed tide!!....

:grin: :rofl::devil:

• 4 weeks later...
I'm at times stuck in thinking how come I'm seeing and feeling this as ... well, vibrant as I do, since the events and images aren't in any way passable, but they give rise to a some sort of a primitive reaction. I'm thinking of it as a primitive reaction at first, because thinking about it usually leads to distancing myself from it , in a sense that "how can I feel anything other than nausea when projecting to what I'm seeing", I'm not "allowed" to feel any association with such gruesome images and actions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that from time to time, atavistic tendencies can manifest themselves in our minds, our being, whenever we're confronted with a disturbing yet alluring image or sound or what have you. We're drawn to these mingled images of sexuality and violence because it's just in our nature. We reconnect with our most deeply rooted instincts: sex, self-preservation, etc. Then we think about these images, their construction, their je-ne-sais-quoi that glows, attracting our interest, using our rational mind and it may yet repulse us. So of course, we want more. :bigsmile:

• 1 year later...

Wow....Gravity.... Thank you for this, and for breathing new life into this thread!

I understand what you are talking about, as I have had this overwhelming, yet disturbing, feeling many times in my life.

Wow....Gravity.... Thank you for this, and for breathing new life into this thread!

I understand what you are talking about, as I have had this overwhelming, yet disturbing, feeling many times in my life.

What an interesting thread...Gravity Well...very nice post...your words reminds me of Frank's in the episode 'Loin like a Hunting Flame" where he is talking to the detective at the end about the progressive decay of decline of society. My attitude is as follows:

mankind will always be attracted to the more caliginous side of his nature. The seedlings of our sensual landscape are often nutured with the darker, more cabalistic aspects of our imagination. It is only through societal restrictions and the delusions of morality that its purity becomes diluted.

Here is Frank's quote from LLAHF:

Frank:"Sex and death have commingled in one inseparable

impulse. Risk feeds sensation. Sensation makes risk

acceptable."

4th Horseman

Interesting thread. In the course of assisting in the interviews of a suspect in a few homicides and countless domestic battery victims, It has always amazed me that the interviews with the suspects and in the case of domestic battery, the victims, sex is always mentioned or hit upon without steering the conversation toward that topic. Usually at a very early point in the interview. A few times sex has even been the cause of the abuse. "She wouldnt give me any sex" or "I told him I was leaving because he was terrible in bed". I have always found it interesting at how deeply embedded the sexual factor seems to be in the demise or in some cases violent end to a relationship between a woman and a man. I would put it second in cause only behind financial problems. On the male side it is usually a lack, either real or perceived, of adequacy in the bedroom. This is contradicted by the female view of not being viewed as "sexy" or "desireable" by her male counterpart. What it seems to lead to in the first instance from the male point of view is to use violence to "punish" the female for making him feel inadequate. Or in the latter case, the female's desire to leave and find someone who finds her more sexually desireable. This ,unfortunately, can also often lead to the male tendency to lash out with violence. In interviewing both parties at some points it becomes blindingly obvious that if they had a way to tell each other the details, wants, or desires they are hurting so bad to express, that a weekend at a nice hotel with no distractions would solve a lot of problems. Of course there are always other factors in a relationship, we all know how complex they are, but sex is most definitely a very large component of a very complex puzzle.