What is up with the Abyss?

Rate this topic

Guest Blue

I have noticed that the Abyss has not been updated in weeks. Is the Abyss dead? I sure hope not.  Also MOV traffic has also been very slow, whats up with that?

Blue :angry:

Fear not, friends.  The Abyss is not dead!  To put it simply, I've been traveling for the past two weeks and I'm going to be away for a bit longer.  I posted a notice at the top of the Abyss this morning to try and quell any rising fears concerning the site's future.  Rest assured that on approximately January 20th the site will return to its normal mode of operation.  Daily news and updates will resume at that time.  I apologize for the unexpected hiatus.  Thanks for your concern.  Let it be known that I have absolutely no intention of allowing the Abyss to "die," now or in the forseeable future.  I intend to continue providing Abyss updates, information, and entertainment for years to come.

Guest Cookyman

I intend to continue providing Abyss updates, information, and entertainment for years to come.

Glad to hear your keeping your site going! - as a long time Lance fan I enjoy your site immensely as I'm sure many others on here do.  In fact if it wasn't for your site I wouldn't be on this one - so keep up the good work!

:D

Guest LauraKrycek

as a long time Lance fan I enjoy your site immensely as I'm sure many others on here do.  In fact if it wasn't for your site I wouldn't be on this one - so keep up the good work!

I personally have a few websites open all the time because I visit them so often that I can't justify closing them and then having to go through all the trouble of waiting for them to load again.  Among them are Google, IMDB.com, my e-mail account, TIWWA, and The Millennial Abyss.  I'd been wondering about the absence of updates myself, but figured that you were just too busy.  I'm sure we've all felt that before.

I am glad to hear your reassurances, Dix... although I really was never concerned.  You have had hiatuses before and it is pretty evident from your site that you are a motivated and enthusiastic fan and web master.   I have always enjoyed your site.  I hope it has a long, enthusiatic and informative life-span.

And, if you are on vacation, I want to add my well wishing to Graham's!

:ouro: Scott

I have absolutely no intention of allowing the Abyss to "die," now or in the forseeable future.

Millennial Abyss, Die Another Day :D

Excellent news.

Indeed, the Abyss will live to die another day.  

Thanks to all of you for the kind words and support.  I really appreciate it.  You're the motivation behind the Abyss' ongoing mission.  Unfortunately, I wasn't off enjoying a vacation, but I did enjoy a temporary change of scenery.  

The Abyss updates will resume tomorrow.  Thanks again.

Thanks to all of you for the kind words and support.  I really appreciate it.  You're the motivation behind the Abyss' ongoing mission.

You definitely deserve it!  I have told you this before, but it is a fine site, and you definitely put some care, time, and creativeness into it.  Keep up the good work.

BTW,  I have a new computer now, so the problem of emailing "plain text" documents you should be solved.  Are you still interested in seeing my HARSH REALM fan fic piece I started?  I also started a "Part II" for it.

Let me know.

Upbeat Vibes,

:ouro: Scott

who, with this reply, celebrates his 200th post!!!