Oh Nooooo, A Stinker

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Well, I guess it had to happen eventually. There has been some discussion recently about what the worst episode of season two was, and to my amazement, some have nominated such brilliant classics as Luminary and "Single Blade". I am going to nominate Anamnesis. OK, this is not the worst television of the 90s. In fact, I would not even call it terrible. It did have a few good moments and glimpses of being a good episode, but overall, it was below average, and far below Millennium standards. It started out like a terrible spin off. It was like Millennium had a spin off using Kathryn as a spin off character in a new series called "Journals of A Modern Day Social Worker". It did develop a little bit as it went on, but not much. As I mentioned, I do think there were a couple of highlights, but they were few and far between. As frank Black's role in an episode starts to diminish and Kathryn's role starts to dominate, you know there are going to be problems, much like "Well Worn lock" in season one. It's weird, we didn't even catch a glimpse of Frank in this episode. What, was he on vacation? it kind of reminded me of a few episodes of X-files that totally revolved around Scully. It's really a shame. Just the other day I was thinking I might make it all the way through season two without a single stinker. I had my doubts about "Good-bye Charlie", but was pleasantly surprised. I skipped over Roosters and Owls, and almost found that I had a "duty" to watch them, and again was pleasantly surprised. I enjoyed both of them and would even call them very good. However, Anamnesis breaks the streak.. sadly on disc 5. In season one, we had already run into "Well Worn" by disc two, and most of disc three was a little below Millennium standards. Holy crap, it looks like i am down to only one unwatched episode. I skipped around a bit, and it looks like the 'Fourth Horseman" is the only one I haven't watched yet.

Guest arcanamundi
Actually he was on vacation... in Hawaii [ one of his most fave place] .. he was after all 57 at the time and did a lot of physical work on that show.  :smokin:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I seem to recall reading somewhere that he was off shooting a movie - made for tv - in which he played Abraham Lincoln. Was that not the case then? I didn't see it but recall that it did air. Lance has the perfect face to play Abe....

Guest SouthernCelt
I have to check but thought he mentioned that on a commentary [season 2 maybe] .. since they shot an ep a week I doubt he had time to do a movie during such a short break..but be sure and post it if you find out.  :tasty:  :ouroborous:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I watched the Season 2 "Making of..." extra features on the DVD tonight. Lance does say he took a trip to Hawaii during the week that "Anamnesis" was made since he wasn't in it.

Guest arcanamundi
I watched the Season 2 "Making of..." extra features on the DVD tonight.  Lance does say he took a trip to Hawaii during the week that "Anamnesis" was made since he wasn't in it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool. Thanks. He did make a movie about the day Lincoln was shot in which he played honest Abe, and it aired on TNT the same year as the 2nd season.

• 5 years later...

We all have our opinions on what is good and what is not good.

Being that I would consider Millennium to be more story-arc oriented than stand-alone episodic oriented, viewing them out of sequence could negatively impact one's overall opinion of the show.

My opinion is that season 2 is Stinker Free!

:rock2:

Guest RodimusBen

I'm with Max Fenig, I'd "strike that, reverse it."

ASBOG was terrible. Between that and Sense and Antisense I almost gave up on Millennium. Anamnesis wasn't the best episode, but it was far from the worst.