Sideshow's Frank Black

Rate this topic

Guest LeHah

I just got an email from Sideshow telling me that my preorder is leaving the factory and should be at the warehouse in the next two weeks!

• 1 month later...
Guest blondton13
ITS HEEEEEER!! my very own [movable]  :grin: Frank Black doll.  I wish they would do a millennium series with another Frank, Peter, Lara and of course 'Here's Lucy '!!  :eyes::wtf:  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was just checking it out on Sideshow's website...so, you say you saw another on Ebay? I'll be checking for that! Cool!

I just bought one [frank doll] off of eBay.  It says its the one from Sideshow [and looks just like the one from the official web site]  and paid less than full price.  I just noticed that another one has been put up for auction !!  :notworthy::roedecker:  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh man, do I even want to know how much one is going for?

Oh man, do I even want to know how much one is going for?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got mine with shipping, handling and insurance for $46.50 ; there might be more showing up later. never know! :clapping::tasty::ouro:

* 500th post* :roedecker:

Edited by Walkabout

Guest blondton13

Wow! Out of my budget for now! the one currently up for auction is at $28.00 and it still has five days left! Ugh!!

Well, congratulations on your new Frank Black and your 500th post!! :fool:

Got mine with shipping, handling and insurance for $46.50 ; there might be more showing up later.  never know! :clapping:  :tasty:  :ouro:

* 500th post* :roedecker:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's actually cheaper than I had anticipated. Supply and demand...maybe

it's good Millennium isn't as popular as we all think it deserves to be. :bigsmile:

Guest Bookmaker221

I recieved mine about a week ago. It's still a very good figure, but doesn't quite measure up to standard Sideshow fare. The sculpt is a bit softer than the prototype pictures, most likely due to the rotocasting of the head rather than the solid fill. (Solid-fill is the straight-forward process of filling a mold completely. This results in a heavier piece, but also maximizes the details picked up from the mold. Rotocasting involves spinning the mold so the centrifugal force pushes the plastic to the outside of the mold, creating a lighter and cheaper piece. Unfortunately rotocasts don't pick up the fine details a solid-fill would, resulting in a slightly softer reproduction.) Accessories are good for the character, including the monster of a Colt form the X-Files episode and the smaller semiautomatic we've seen Frank with occassionally in MillenniuM. The pager is an extremely smart shoice, though perhaps prone to be lost if not tracked or kept carefully. The file and the bible are both solid and do not open, but still fit, as does the flashlight. The cellphone seems a bit more modern than I remember being available in 96-98, but I can't say for certain.

One detail that I was pleasantly surprised by was the painted cut on Franks' right hand, a great little detail taken from "A Thin White Line".