The "take Back Your Vacation" Commercial

Darth Paul

• Elders (Admins)

Nuts, now you've said I'll have to tune in too!

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • Need help? For technical related issues, please use our Support Forum.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just took notice of the ad last night after your original post. In "Space: Above and Beyond" didn't he play the older soldier who was one of the genetically-engineered or "test tube" individuals who was keeping his origins a secret because of the discrimination shown by the natural humans? Or am I getting my short-lived series mixed up?

...such a late reply...

Yeah, they were genetically engineered soldiers, called In-Vitros, or, derroragorily, tanks, because they spend matured till age 18 in a liquid-filled tank. He didn't so much keep it a secret (it's kind of hard to with a military hair cut and 'belly button' on the back of your neck) as didn't let it define him so much. Rodney Roland played another In-Vitro, Cooper, who was more hot-headed about it and in general.

Aah, T.C. McQueen....

Also, Tucker Smallwood, who played Stephen Kiley in Goodbye Charlie was in S:AAB as Commodore (?) Ross, aka Boss Ross.

James Morrison loves Morgan and Wong, I recall reading in an interview. I hope something great comes his way soon :tasty:

... i mean...

-nothing

believes...

this is who we are

we can't just sit back and hope for a happy ending

i couldn't swear it wasn't just an incredibly realistic simulation. not just the scenery, my whole life.

I keep seeing the actor from Space: Above and Beyond who played Jim Horn in the Season I episode Dead Letters on the vacation commercial.  He's also on the website https://www.iwantmyvacation.com  The actor's name escapes me right now...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

remember the episode of space above and beyond where the crazy marine colonel takes over the, cant remember the unit number of the main group on that show, been a while, anyway, he leads them on a rescue mission in chig territory to get back a squadron of hammerhead fighter ships, he is also a fan of johnny cash and at then he gets sucked into a black hole while listening to "i walk the line" by the man in black....hadnt thought about that show in a long time, great show, good post darth..thanks

"Have I run too far to get home?"

I just took notice of the ad last night after your original post.  In "Space: Above and Beyond" didn't he play the older soldier who was one of the genetically-engineered or "<a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="https://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=test%20tube" onmouseover="window.status='test tube'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">test tube</a>" individuals who was keeping his origins a secret because of the discrimination shown by the natural humans?  Or am I getting my short-lived series mixed up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that was him southern, cant remember his name on the show but he played a hard ass marine, what was the name of their unit on that show, 58th, 56th, black hat squadron? something like that...

"Have I run too far to get home?"

• Elders (Admins)

One of my favourite episodes of SAAB, Ray Butts. Lieutenant Colonel Raymond Thomas Butts was the tough-ass marine who was played by Steve Rankin. Great episode! Johnny Cash's song I Walk The Line (one of a few to be used in this episode) was used to great effect! By the way, their squadron was the Fighting 58th (I think they were also known as the Angry Angels). This episode went way over budget and Fox saw their arse, even though they wanted lots of CGI action in it.

• Thank you for not contributing to the spread of fake or inaccurate content, speculation or false information especially in relation to current worldwide health events.
  • To report spam or inappropriate content, please use the Report option which flags all community Elders and autohides the content if multiple reports are received before site staff can respond directly.

They were the 58th Squadron, US Marine Corps, sometimes abbreviated 5-8. They were also known as The Wildcards, but I don't remember who was which card. This was referenced in The Thin White Line, with the killer tossing half a card at his victim each time, getting through all five eventually. From Morgan and Wong's site: "The death cards that Hance and the other guy leave at the crime scenes have the 58th Squadron insigna on them, along with their tag line, “Expect No Mercy”. The card found at the liquor store is the Jack of Spades, which is specifically Cooper Hawkes’ call sign. As the episode progresses, (if I remember correctly) the entire 58th gets represented by the end of the episode in this way." Morgan and Wong Online - The Thin White Line (They do a ton of S:AAB references throughout, the most blatently obvious being the chig in Curse.)

Then Angry Angels were the 127th Squadron - McQueen was a member of that squad. They were basically destroyed in a battle in an early ep of the show (like the pilot; way to remember, nothing!); McQueen was the only survivor and became the commander of the 58th.

I remembered that Steve Rankin (thanks for the name, Old Man), Col. Butts (no laughing now) was also in MM, but I always forget when/who. He was Sheriff John Cayce in 19:19. He was also in the XF ep Orison and the X-Files movie.

- nothing, who needs to stop procrastaiting and get to writing a stupid paper

believes...

this is who we are

i couldn't swear it wasn't just an incredibly realistic simulation. not just the scenery, my whole life.

• Elders (Admins)

Of course, sorry for the mixup its been a while since I saw the show (bring on the DVD's!). I hated the whole Silcate thing but pigged out on the dog fighting and ground attack/millitary angles. Watching that show was better than sex!

Watching that show was better than sex!

:clapping::bigsmile: good to know

In a veeeeeeeeeeeery tangentally related note, Morgan and Wong's movie 'The One' (which I've yet to see), with James Morrison, Steve Rankin, Richard Steinmetz (Mr. Smooth in Jose Chung's), Tucker Smallwood, and Harriet Samson Harris (Maureen Murphy in Loin) (each with 1 MM ep under their belts, as pointed out above) is airing on FX at these times (eastern): Sun May 22 06:00P, and Mon May 23 11:00A. The day before I get home to cable! (True, it's edited, but it's also free.)

What's the wining movie in terms of movies with the most MM alums, in, I guess, credited, spotted, or speaking roles? I know M&W like to use the same people/throw bones, but... if they weren't all guest stars it's sound like a reunion :fool: PARTAY!

- nothing, who needs to get off imdb.com and back to the demon paper... i mean, paper about a demon...

believes...

this is who we are