Classic Rock References

Rate this topic

Guest chrisnu

Guest chrisnu

OK, the more obvious reference is in the Frank Black character; Frank Black was lead singer for the Pixies, of which Chris Carter is a fan.

However, did you know that Peter Watts was a sound engineer for Pink Floyd until 1974? Perhaps Chris Carter is a fan of Pink Floyd as well?

PS. I found out this information while looking up information on Naomi Watts. Naomi is Peter Watts' daughter. Imagine that!

Guest ollie toledo

I was just reminded of the Frank Black/ Pixies connection and logged into see if there were any other references to the pixies in millennium. Good find Chrisnu on the Pink Floyd connection!

Here is some other strange tidbits on Frank Black (the musician)

-Frank Black was born Charles Michael Kittridge Thompson IV

-He called himself 'Black Francis" while with the Pixies

-His first solo album was titled "Frank Black". He announced the breakup of his band in a radio interview the day the record was released.

Another Millennium connection (haven't checked it out yet):

In the episode "Sacrament" Frank Black is at his nephew's baptism and the kid is named Charles Francis Black.

and then there is this:

"Black is a heavy fan of science fiction, especailly the work of Kim Stanley Robinson, and claims to have been abducted by aliens as a child. He says that extraterrestrials probably live amongst us, and that the US government is involved in a plot to cover this up. This hypothesis - Black does acknowledge that it might not be true - stems from a fantastic experience he had as a child, which he described in a 1990 interview:

"In 1965, I was a few months old, and I was en route to San Fransisco with my family.

"We stopped at some cousins' house in Nebraska. I think it was the city of Alliance. It's a small town in North Central Nebraska. It was late in the afternoon, but was still light out, and a large saucer-shaped ship, kind of reddish-orange.

"It had sort of what you could describe as portholes, as my mother describes it, little windows or something... Cousins and different people (saw it too).

"It was floating above the house. It must have been there for about ten or fifteen minutes I think. And they called the police, and the police came down. It moved real fast. The police tried to follow it, but it moved too fast. And that's all I know about it really."

https://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_i...node_id=1355010

:wtf:

Guest arcanamundi
I was just reminded of the Frank Black/ Pixies connection and logged into see if there were any other references to the pixies in millennium. Good find Chrisnu on the Pink Floyd connection!

Here is some other strange tidbits on Frank Black (the musician)

-Frank Black was born Charles Michael Kittridge Thompson IV

-He called himself 'Black Francis" while with the Pixies

-His first solo album was titled "Frank Black". He announced the breakup of his band in a radio interview the day the record was released.

:wtf:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very interesting info on Frank Black & the Pixies! Thanks! A couple of nights ago PBS aired a recent performance by the Pixies on Austin City Limits. (They recently reunited for a tour) They were pretty damn good! The songs Frank Black writes are so freakin' loopy, I love 'em!

• 5 months later...