Millennium Font

Rate this topic

Guest drakulexaudi

• 10 months later...
Hi,

The MillenniuM font is actually Trajan and is supplied free with various Adobe products such as Illustrator. You can also buy it and find out more about it from here:

Trajan Font

Hi everyone (my first post here),

I watched the bonus on the 1st season DVD and it was mentionned that the font was Trajan. However, I think they made a mistake : look for example the letter "u". It's definitively not the same as the one in the logo.

Adobe Trajan:

A_TRAP-10005000.GIF

Logo:

Miltitle.gif

Hi everyone (my first post here),

I watched the bonus on the 1st season DVD and it was mentionned that the font was Trajan. However, I think they made a mistake : look for example the letter "u". It's definitively not the same as the one in the logo.

Adobe Trajan:

A_TRAP-10005000.GIF

Logo:

Miltitle.gif

Its obvious that the word Millennium has undergone a bit of photoshop to give it that decayed look. It would not be too big a stretch to either:

1. Not use the Trajan u from the origional font set

or

2. extend the right hand side down via photoshop to give it a more symmetrical look..

I dont think its a mistake, it just appears that along with the decayed look, there has been a slight modification...if you look at the M's, the top of each one has been modified somewhat as well...go to this site:

https://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/type.html

scroll down to the Trajan Pro font link...then you can type in MillenniuM in the "enter sample text" box...it will look very slightly different than what you see as the acutal banner from the show..but its close enough to see that it is indeed Trajan...

4th Horseman..

• Elders (Admins)

Mnkey,

Welcome to TIWWA! I have to say you have got a good eye for spotting that - I've never noticed it before until you mentioned it. I think as 4HM said though, its not a mistake because there is no other mainstream font like it to my knowledge plus the other letters matter so well. I also think its unlikely that the designer would have quoted the wrong font name in the DVD featurette.

Look forward to chatting with you around the forums!

Graham :ouro:

While I can't vouch for it, if you have Trajan try typing out MILLENNIuM so that the "u" is lower case.

ILLENNI is not a full size capital resized to be smaller than the Ms, but rather use small caps command for small capitals. This should I believe make these capitals (caps) the same size as a lower case capital. The use a standard lower case "u" and for the Ms use normal capitals. I think you'll find that it will match up to the logo (sans cracking).

• Elders (Admins)

Well good suggestion but I recalled that there is no lowercase with the two trajan fonts that I have. To test I typed the following into Word:

post-1-1137019243_thumb.jpg

I can't see any visible difference between the two fonts but occasionaly I wonder if Normal is darker. The lower line of each font is typed in lowercase. Interesting topic!