Millennium Font

Rate this topic

Guest drakulexaudi

• 1 month later...
Lol! I totally agree!
I agree with you ZR, 35.00 is a LOT for a font, but on the other hand, if you or i had spent an inordinate amount of time developing a unique font, it would be very hard to just give it away. Also, if i am not mistaken, if say, i send you an email in Trajan, you must have it in your font directory to see it, or else it defaults to the standard aerial font...

4th Horseman...

Guest zombieromero

Yeah I think your right Fourth Horseman. But I do have the Tarjan font as it came free with my version of Adobe Photoshop. I didn't mind paying for Photoshop as I use it quite a lot and the Trajan font was just a bonus. However the price of the font on its own shouldn't be that high I think.

• 3 months later...

The Millennium logo is half-handcrafted, usually dont with logos.

Trajan Pro was used for Millennium advertising- thus in fact remains official.

Funny is, most print ads never utilized the font at all. I'm trying to find some examples. Nevertheless, it's a very stylish and high-quality font that cost the maker months to make, thus the price is not actually high :)

Yeah I think your right Fourth Horseman. But I do have the Tarjan font as it came free with my version of Adobe Photoshop. I didn't mind paying for Photoshop as I use it quite a lot and the Trajan font was just a bonus. However the price of the font on its own shouldn't be that high I think.

It's very cheap in fact, buying a font amounts to usually $100-$200. There is a lot of work involved and it's not really a high-paying job to craft this.

On a nice 1013ish tidbit, the font used for The X-Files is Industria. And MLM and XF lead the stylistic graphic design aspect of television making still. There is barely, if any, television show out there who pays that much detail and respect to their craft.

• 2 years later...
Guest Charger

I've been looking for the MillenniuM font for a while now and all there other letters indeed match in Trajan but the u...I wonder from what font is that then, or has that been hand made for the logo itself...?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Elders (Admins)

Hi Charger,

Sorry for the delay in responding, I missed this this topic update.

You know, I never noticed that the u is different. I used Trajan for the logo at the top left of the page and added some erosion to it manually. I think they call this the 'distressed' look in Photoshop terms, there's probably a plug in or filter for it now.

Comparing it to the u in this image, the one I used in the top graphic its pretty similar. Perhaps there are different variations of the font available.

The thorny issue of the font eh?

Trajan Pro is certainly documented to be the font used but, as you note, there are discrepancies when writing the word Millennium using this font most notably with the U and also with the M's which are wider, and the central v shape deeper, than a Trajan Pro M. My guess is that the team manipulated the font when designing the logo but subsequently used it unadulterated in promotional material. On the other hand, Trajan Goudy is, to my mind, much closer to the Millennium typography than Trajan Pro. The differences are incredibly subtle, mainly in the strength of the strokes that top and tail the letters but overlaying the word Millennium over the logo using this font gives better results I think.

Anyone else agree?

Eth