Mikado

Rate this topic

Guest Second Coming

Guest Omega

In the graveyard where the first victim's head is found, the name 'Hans Renker' is scratched on a rough wooden cross.

'Hans Renker' is a scenic painter (paint co-ordinator) who has worked on episodes of the X-files, Harsh Realm, The Dead Zone etc. Coincidence? :thinking_big:

• Elders (Admins)

Nicely spotted, another one of those inside 1013 Caveats!

I checked and Hans Renker wasn't credited on working on the episode The Mikado but instead the Head Painter was Jenny Seinen.

Perhaps they borrowed the crate from an X-Files set or it was an inside joke?

Gra.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TheSunKing1972
Man, it seems that my late arrival to this place was a good thing. I was gonna ask about the " Hans Renker " name on the cross in the graveyard. I mean, it was written in blood I think...so maybe they had intended to use that as the killers identity at one point, but scratched that because it was so obvious or something. It sticks out like a sore thumb. :thumbsup_big:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TheSunKing1972
It is interesting on how they presented a fictional version of the Zodiac killer who has embraced new technology.    The ciphers and shooting people were clearly a nod to the Zodiac.   Taking the action to San Francisco is another nod because the Zodiac killings took place around and in San Francisco.   Great episode by the way, but for a long time i thought Roedecker was mentioning Forhike's name when he walked into the Millennium group computer room and yet I was mistaken.  I wtached the episode weeks ago and it wasn't Frohike being mentioned.  How memory plays tricks on you unless 1013 decided to change the line after the intial airing, but probably not I think.  

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

I have the original airing on tape, will check into it and see if Rhodorker says Frohike.

Guest TheSunKing1972
nope, the name he mentioned was Dicky Bird..lol, or whatver the guy who was in Franks basement with Rhodecker was, you remember...the first appearance of Rhodecker, when Frank was about to smash his skull in? :thumbsup_big:  :frank_black:  :frank_black:  :frank_black:

• 1 month later...
Guest Zdenius

this is definitely my most favourite episode, its so dramatic, rodecker was so funny there, the mikado song is awesome. that time i dont had this song on any of CDs so I played the few seconds from the episode everytime and now ive got it on my own soundtrack. oh!  :cool-big:

As I think millennium is one of all TV series or movies that had only few mistakes comparing to other videos. yknow what i mean. Also I think one non-a-big-mistake was in this episode. These young guys printed the one image of the web page before it was deleted from the server. But I think they could find more saved images in the TEMP directory...  :wink_big:

MILLENNIUM!!!!!!!  :thumbsup_big:

• 3 months later...
"The Mikado" is definitely one of my favorite episodes.  It is one of the best of the "realistic" episodes, in contrast to the ones featuring demons, etc.  Not that I have anything against those, mind you, but "The Mikado" let's us see that Frank Black was a damn fine FBI agent in his own right.  Great stuff.

"The Mikado" is definitely one of my favorite episodes.  It is one of the best of the "realistic" episodes, in contrast to the ones featuring demons, etc.  Not that I have anything against those, mind you, but "The Mikado" let's us see that Frank Black was a damn fine FBI agent in his own right.  Great stuff.

Yep, it is a great episode.  It is one of the episodes I have seen many times.

Be Seeing You,

David Blackwell

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jordan

I just watched this episode today, thanks to se7en's DVD project :bigsmile: it is a fantastic episode, though i'm loving all of season 2 so far. there's not one epsiode yet which i've not liked.

rodecker is great, he cracks me up, and it was a brave plot to not find Avatar by the end of the episode. Its just occured to me that this is another 1013 episode that has been (semilly) prophetic; I remember a horrific newpaper headline a couple of months ago about a man who was cajoled into committing suicide live on the internet. its a similar situation. But i guess that's a subject matter for a different topic.

i found the whole number thing interesting too, though i thought that it was bit of a leap taking the square root of a number. Or maybe its just as well i'm not a detective!

Guest WaveCrest

It seems everyone who has posted in the thread likes "The Mikado" a lot. Well you can add me. It's one of my favourites as well. I watched it in full when it first aired on Sky One (with a strong content warning before it started. Only time that was done with Millennium with the first two seasons that Sky One showed) and have seen bits of it since then. Most recently on Sci-fi on a repeat showing - the end scene (which I'll come to in a bit) and when Rodecker is introduced to the secret Millennium Group room by Peter Watts with Frank.

The end scene I think is brilliant when Frank is inside the theatre and when he gets to the stage at the front. When he walks onto the stage and thinks it is the killer...wow, that is good even on a second viewing. I don't remember what I thought of it on the first viewing on Sky One (it was quite good actually) but when I saw the end scene on the Sci-fi repeat I just thought that was a scary intense scene, but you knew that things were in safe hands with Frank even though you wondered if things would go ok.