By The Numbers: 14

Rate this topic

Guest Snapper

Pick your favorite  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Yes, kind of a no brainer, although I did like the Pest House well enough. But yes, Thin White Line is one of my favorites and an easy choice. This is one of the season one episodes that really stood out in my mind as a favorite even before I got my DVDs. The Pest House is good, and gets bumped up to very good because of the appearance of Melinda McGraw, otherwise known as Scully's sister on X-files. I have always loved her as an actress and the the characters she has played, especially her short recurring role in the X-files. There is something about her that allows her to play unique, strong, smart, female characters with some substance, and of course, she is extremely easy on the eyes. I really thought she was an up and comer who was about to break out and become a household name, but instead she has kind of slipped into anonymity. I don't think I have seen her in anything sense the late 90s.

Guest arcanamundi

I recently watched 'Pest House' again and found myself thinking it possibly the worst episode of season 2. But at the same time, because it is a Morgan & Wong written episode, I want to put a positive spin on it by interpreting it as deliberately bad. Their other work just seems so head & shoulders above this episode that I found myself thinking they must have wanted to make some intentional artistic comment aimed at the non-creative studio powers-that-be who insist on meddling in the endeavours of the creative artists. When the 'administrators' steal the 'dreams' of the 'creative types', but cannot digest them, those stolen ideas come out as cliches (the 'urban myth' scenarios of the killer in the story).

I'm willing to concede that I might just be projecting a deeper meaning onto the episode, but w/o this interpretation the episode is merely a shallow, somewhat cheesy, albeit grimly dark story. Granted, as good as they are, Morgan & Wong can't be expected to be brilliant all the time; but in my opinion this episode is for them sub-par.

Just my opinion, of course.

• Elders (Admins)

The Thin White Line is my choice in this poll. I wasn't keen on the flashback aspect but Richard Alan Hance was a superior foe for Frank and the FBI in general, he exuded power even during that outstanding interview scene where he refered to his victims as his 'meat'. Truly brilliant.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Holy cow, a blow out!! 10 votes for Thin White Line, and none for the other two. Has there ever been this big of a landslide before in "by the numbers"?

Guest citizenk

"The Thin White Line" wins hands down. "The Pest House" is a fave of mine but its a gem in an otherwise whack season. Had it been a part of S1 it would fall back. "Matroyshka" is one of my least faves frm S3. Kind of reminded me of "Travellers" from The X-Files with its WWII setting.