So Far, The Best Disc?

Rate this topic

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

which DVD disc is the best from S1 & S2  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest chrisnu

Definitely Season 2, disc 3. Each episode is a classic, in my mind.

All of the explicit sex scenes are in Season 3. If my memory serves me correctly, they are in these episodes:

"Antipas" (Frank and Lucy... *vomits*)

"Darwin's Eye"

"Nostalgia"

"Via Dolorosa" (several scenes)

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
June 14th is the word on the TIWWA streets, dude. But I'm cheating again. I ordered mine from China where it is region free. The cover has Chinese writing on it, but the eps are the same and in English with no subtitling unless you pick that feature. It's not a burn, it's just the original from China. Takes about 2-3 weeks to get it in the mail, but that's better than 3 months! If you want the "good" box and English writing, you'll have to wait till June. I just want to see the eps. S3 is the season I least remember, even though it was the last.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the heads up. I might go that route. I like to have my nice little collection, but I want to see season three more, and I would rather get it now, as long as the quality is excellent, and it is in English, without subtitles (if you don't want to see them). Then, if I choose, I can wait until the Region One release comes out in June and pick up a copy for my collection. I've watched a good portion of season two twice now, and went through season one at least twice. I'm ready for season three right now, not in four months. :ranting:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Ok... finally chose one.. S2, disc 3 [ love Jose Chung, Midnite and Luminary] but if I could have chosen 2 picks I would have voted for 'Walkabout' disc.  :tasty:  :ouro:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that is a solid group of episodes. There are two 5 star episodes in the middle, book ended by two 4 star episodes. Then again, Broken World is very memorable, and is very close to being a 5 star in my book. I think it comes down to "Walkabout" not quite being in the same league as the others. That is, of course, just my opinion. If, for example, Walkabout and the previous episode, Covenant, were flip flopped and Covenant rounded out the disk, I think that would have probably been my pick as well. Then again, it is hard to pass on a disc that contains Doomsday Defense, Midnight of the Century and Luminary. but with Goodbye Charlie being a 4 star episode, I think the theoretical disc I mentioned would have gotten my vote. :yes:

Guest citizenk

I don't like separating the sets like this. But i have to say S1:D1. The beginning of the series is definitely the best. It was bold, daring and new. That was a hard choice, since I love S1. How could I pick just one disc?

As for S2, S2:D4 and D6 are my faves. S2 is my least fave of the three seasons but the end was very strong and as far as this voting was concerned wasn't i lucky to have "The Mikado", "The Pest House" and "Owls" and "Roosters" on the same disc. All my S2 faves together. I just wish "Siren" and "Room with No View" could have been squeezed on there too.

Guest Kolchak
I don't like separating the sets like this.  But i have to say S1:D1.  The beginning of the series is definitely the best.  It was bold, daring and new.  That was a hard choice, since I love S1. How could I pick just one disc? 

As for S2,  S2:D4 and D6 are my faves. S2 is my least fave of the three seasons but the end was very strong and as far as this voting was concerned wasn't i lucky to have "The Mikado", "The Pest House"  and "Owls" and "Roosters" on the same disc.  All my S2 faves together.  I just wish "Siren" and "Room with No View" could have been squeezed on there too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Separating the series into disc sets makes this very difficult, and hopefully will explain my choice of S1:D4. This disc does not even contain any of my favorite episodes from this season. But I love the acting, pacing, and the storytelling in these four episodes. The other discs all had an episode that I just didn't think was up to snuff.

This was a hell of a lot more difficult than I imagined. Eventually broke down and voted for S1, D5, though the last two S2 choices are possibly the best ones here. But to pass up my all-time favorite ep, Lamentation, would be criminal! Broken World brings down the overall score a bit, and the other discs really don't have an episode this week, but a double shot of pure, black evil is hard to dismiss. And Walkabout is good, too!

• 7 years later...

I agree, very difficult, and I'm surprised I missed this post until now. Thanks Gravity Well for bringing it to my attention. Each disc has favorites, and not so good ones, so I went with my email address and often user name, Luminary.