Season Three

Rate this topic

Guest blondton13

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Ok-just watched the first two eps of S3-WOW!!! I barely remember them and I want to sit up all night and keep watching! :eyes: I'm in awe right now!!

DVD is great picture quality and it is WIDESCREEN version, even though box says full-frame. Go figure. Anyway, must get back to TV....strange sensation pulling me towards it...bye!! :wtf:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohhh, poopy, I wish i would have read this prior to bidding. I don't like widescreen, so hopefully this wont bother me, but thanks for the information. I went ahead and made the minimum bid of $19.99 and won my auction for season 3. Like you, I just can't wait the additional 3 months (nearly 4) for season 3. I figure i can buy season three and either keep it in my collection, or list it on Ebay and make a good chunk of my $ back and then buy the U.S. version the same way I did for season two (Amazon - gift card - super saver shipping - 30% discount). Anyway, even if it is the widescreen version, it will be much better than waiting until June. It seems as though I have rented a few wide screen movies recently and not been bothered too much (if any). Also, I should be getting them just about in time for house sitting at my brothers, and he has a giant wide screen TV, and I will probably get through a good chunk of season three in the seven nights I will be there. Either way, I knew I was going to crack eventually and buy the Chinese version, so it was just a matter of price, and I think I did OK. Thanks again for the information. I just happened across this auction, but when I read your post, I noticed that it was the same seller you mentioned. it looks like this is a pretty reliable person to deal with.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
I wish for you speedy shipping, and I hope you have as much fun as I am!! :grin:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you :wink: . The description says that they will issue a refund if the DVDs don't arrive within 4 weeks, so I am hoping that is the maximum time it should take, not the average. Hopefully it will be here much sooner. And yes, I will have as much fun as you are, and then some . :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss

I guess I should have known better. I bought season 3 on DVD from who I believe to be the same person as was ordered from in this string. First off, the person who I bought from was too stupid to put the set in an envelop providing any kind of protection, so the box was partially crushed. Second, the box is about half the size of my other sets, and the discs come in cheap sleeves, not cases. Third, I put several of the DVDs into my DVD player, which is less than two years old, and they do not work. They just say check disc and spit them back out. It makes me sick. I thought I would be watching Millennium tonight, but instead I will have to spend my time contacting this idiot who now has 3 negatives (had 0 when I bought), and one of them complains about the person not contacting them. If I do get a refund or exchange, I will probably still have to pay for shipping, which is almost half the cost. NEVER again. Buyers beware!!

Good advice.. read the entire posting very carefully. More and More dvd's are coming in sleeves and not protected cases..also when I pay [mostly thru PayPal] there is a box to leave a message to the seller . I ALWAYS put down to ' wrap securely for rural deliver' [ which I am ] and almost everyone has been double wrapped. sorry you had a bad buy. :cry::ouro:

Guest blondton13

Yes, that sucks! I think you bought it from the same person I did. I did mention that they come in plastic sleeves-that's why I said most people who are looking for attractiveness might want to wait. But I have a DVD player that I bought about 1 and 1/2 years ago, and my DVD's work fine. I'm truly sorry your experience wasn't a positive one. I think with some things onEbay, it's hit or miss, you know?? :angry::cry:

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Well, I reread my post from the other day, and I'm glad I didn't go into too much of a tirade because, after the wait, I was pretty steamed when the DVDs would not play. The seller says that maybe my DVD only plays PAL format, and these DVDS are NSTF, or something like that. I find that hard to believe, but the discs did play at my sisters house, so I will give her the benifit of the doubt. I bit the bullet and went out and got a new DVD/VCR player. It is made in China, so hopefully that is a strong indication that it supports the format they use there. The seller did say I could retunr the DVDs if it does not work out, so I will give this a try, and if it doesn't work, back go the DVDs, back goes the player, and I will be waiting until June for season 3. I never thought I would end up spending $150 to watch season three, but my current DVD/VCR was probably just about on it's last legs anyway. I just hope it plays these discs. Forgive my typos and spelling, but I am having a tough time with AOL lately, and I just got booted while using spell check last time.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss

Well, all's well that ends well, and I'm glad I got the Chinese version now. I got a new DVD player, which I was overdue for anyway, and the discs play perfect. The quality is very good, and the wide screen is not bothering me. I might, however, see if there is any way to change the format to full screen. It seems like I saw something like that on the menu on my other DVD player, but I'm not sure. There might not be a way to change it, and if that's the case, it wont be a problem... Man is it great to be watching season 3 again. I watched the two parter that kicks it all off, this evening, but for some reason I need a bigger dose then I did for the first two seasons, so I think I am going to do some skipping around and watch a couple more tonight, maybe catch a couple of my favorites. There are so many episodes that I have a particular interest or curiosity about in S3 that I will probably get through the discs pretty quick, but I will probably want to watch many of them several times, and having S1 through S3 available to me will give me plenty of entertainment for future viewing. It's kind of weird to see the opening credits and the Millennium theme music, and just when you are expecting to see Kathryn, Emma Hollis pops up. Somehow every season has a different feel to it, and season 3 is no different.

Guest MillenniumIsBliss
Glad to hear everything worked out okay-all's well that ends well, yes?? :jumping:

...This is who we are

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it was well worth the time, effort and expense, and the little bumps i ran into just make me savor it that much more.